• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Thread Bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this thread in the video section because I only thought it was relevant for that section. I don't notice bumping much in other threads. Besides, how is moving the thread to this section going to deter people from bumping in the video section? Its really pretty easy to tell whats not appropriate! Actually, if you look at some this Zentickling guys threads he even comes right out and says he is bumping the thread so more people will buy his videos. He is notorius for it. He will take one of his threads that are a month old and bump it up by posting a stupid question like "Wasn't this a great video". These aren't questions by customers they are questions by him. He is out of control!

lol wut

In fact "lol wut" to the whole thread. I honestly don't see why this is a problem for people; what's the alternative, let a thread promoting a clip that cost you a few hundred notes to make just drop away into obscurity? If you're not a fan of the practise go somewhere else, or alternatively ignore those producers who continually wrong you with their nefarious bumpage.

lol wut to you all, sirs.

I can't speak for the OP, but my issue was with the constant empty bumping of one particular vendor (where "empty bumping" would be defined as replying to a post with useless info, long after the thread is stale, for the sole purpose of bumping it). To me, this is selfish behavior, unfair to other producers, and is not in the spirit of what forums are about.

You have a point... But with the diversity of people around here, we could just rely until some gain sense of dignity and shame not to "self-bump" for nothing... People become immune, you know.

But if a site is too superb, no bumping can promote it better than its own quality.

Hmm.. and I just made a mental note to bump my gf and I's video in the near or distant future.

I've appreciated it when cloudgazer has bumped his bondage/tickling pics threads here, and I've done the same here.

I don't think bumping threads is automatically a bad thing.

Hi, thanks for your thoughtful response, instead of making a troll call as others do. Well, we've beat this idea to death and the original issue has been rectified, sort of, but since you asked...

Some of the responses were to the idea in general, some specific to the OP, and some (such as yours) quoted my words in particular.

I was well aware of how to search backwards through pages, which I do once per day, every day, on this forum. E-mail is one-dimensional and lacks tone of voice and facial expressions, so I may have taken your post as more smart-ass than it was meant to be. In any case, it didn't help. I can't speak for the OP, but my issue was with the constant empty bumping of one particular vendor (where "empty bumping" would be defined as replying to a post with useless info, long after the thread is stale, for the sole purpose of bumping it). To me, this is selfish behavior, unfair to other producers, and is not in the spirit of what forums are about. The producer makes good work, deserves as much publicity as any other, and I would imagine has the right to post as much new material as he wants. I would submit, however, that the fact his bumping posts stand out in my mind as irritating and insulting to my intelligence must be a sign that this person is a self-bumper far in excess of anyone else. It's not about the number of posts, per se, as many have assumed; but rather an issue of a person's seemingly transparent self-aggrandizement.

And again, it is really a minor issue and this whole thread has gone off-message. I thought I'd bring it up to see if anyone else agreed; and maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I feel I've been shouted down when simple statements of disagreement would have sufficed. I just feel that I didn't say anything deserving of the responses I got. As far as the person who said to "get over myself," whatever that means, I'm not under myself, so that act would not be possible.

So, thanks again for the preceding response, and I hope we can agree to disagree peacefully.

I hate to drag threads out (yeah, I know, I just did it; so I contradict myself--I am large, I contain multitudes), thus if you feel the need to respond again, you are always welcome to PM.

Yours truly,
TT

I have no idea how someone CANNOT agree with TT on this one. Let's put all the other producers out of sight and mind for a moment and focus on ticklish jacuzzi only. The fact that he bumps his own threads months after they're dead in the water. Because of the fact everyone stopped answering his vague, simple questions for the moment so he needs to ask them another vague, simple question. I mean come on...that's just blatantly obvious and insults everyone's intelligence, big time.

He first ignites the conversation by saying something like "i love this girls feet, they're size 7, soft, and she has long, shapely toes. Do any of you guys like her feet?" Or he'll say something like "Is this the type of girl you'd like to foot worship? Does she have good feet for it?" He tries to make it sound as though he legitimately gives a %^@^ about what people think. Reality is he wants his thread to be bumped...and bumped...and bumped.

Let me explain this in about a nice of way as I know how. A lot of people throughout the years have complained that this guy talks too much in his videos, to the point of him ruining them with his catch phrases "What's the matter you can't get away?" And the fact half the clip is spent listening to him have 'banter' with the girl about how pretty girls deserve to be tickled and blah blah blah. So after getting all these complaints he still does the exact same thing. What does that tell all of you? He doesn't care for 2 seconds what anyone thinks, he's going to do it his way and that's that.

I'm not saying any of that as a personal attack. It's just obvious with all of those things very present and at the forefront, that I think we can admit, that maybe in this one instance, just this one time. There is a producer completely abusing that. I mean I clicked on some of his links just yesterday actually thinking he'd produced something new and good, and perhaps that's why it had 22 responses. I look inside, it was from 6 months ago, and the only reason it had any responses is because of his open ended question to "get the community involved" In reality, he doesn't care what anyone thinks. He just wants his videos on the first page.

Think about it, if you're a producer do you really care if anyone else thinks this girl has 'good feet for worshipping?" Of course you want feedback on the girl, the video, and the quality. But no producer legitimately cares if someone likes or dislikes their models lipstick color. It's just absurd. I think that in the context of all of this. If someone asks the producer a question, then that's awesome, answer away. But post your clip, post your description, and if no one responds or keeps it bumped, then hopefully your next clip attracts more people. It's a cheap sales tactic.

If I opened a little information Kiosk next to 10 other information Kiosks and someone came over and talked to me and I told them what I had to offer. And they moved to the next one, and halfway through that guys description I started yelling obnoxiously. 'HEY DO YOU LIKE THE COLOR OF MY KIOSK? DO YOU LIKE THE BLUE I USED?" All the other kiosks, who were patiently waiting their turn and being honorable about it would have every right in the world to want to kick my ass. And that's what we have going on here. A bunch of producers that are making significantly better content than this guy and he's being a child about it. A complete child. Get over it and start producing better content instead of obnoxiously bumping all of your threads 6 months after their expiration date.

I have no idea how someone CANNOT agree with TT on this one. Let's put all the other producers out of sight and mind for a moment and focus on ticklish jacuzzi only. The fact that he bumps his own threads months after they're dead in the water. Because of the fact everyone stopped answering his vague, simple questions for the moment so he needs to ask them another vague, simple question. I mean come on...that's just blatantly obvious and insults everyone's intelligence, big time.

He first ignites the conversation by saying something like "i love this girls feet, they're size 7, soft, and she has long, shapely toes. Do any of you guys like her feet?" Or he'll say something like "Is this the type of girl you'd like to foot worship? Does she have good feet for it?" He tries to make it sound as though he legitimately gives a %^@^ about what people think. Reality is he wants his thread to be bumped...and bumped...and bumped.

Let me explain this in about a nice of way as I know how. A lot of people throughout the years have complained that this guy talks too much in his videos, to the point of him ruining them with his catch phrases "What's the matter you can't get away?" And the fact half the clip is spent listening to him have 'banter' with the girl about how pretty girls deserve to be tickled and blah blah blah. So after getting all these complaints he still does the exact same thing. What does that tell all of you? He doesn't care for 2 seconds what anyone thinks, he's going to do it his way and that's that.

I'm not saying any of that as a personal attack. It's just obvious with all of those things very present and at the forefront, that I think we can admit, that maybe in this one instance, just this one time. There is a producer completely abusing that. I mean I clicked on some of his links just yesterday actually thinking he'd produced something new and good, and perhaps that's why it had 22 responses. I look inside, it was from 6 months ago, and the only reason it had any responses is because of his open ended question to "get the community involved" In reality, he doesn't care what anyone thinks. He just wants his videos on the first page.

Think about it, if you're a producer do you really care if anyone else thinks this girl has 'good feet for worshipping?" Of course you want feedback on the girl, the video, and the quality. But no producer legitimately cares if someone likes or dislikes their models lipstick color. It's just absurd. I think that in the context of all of this. If someone asks the producer a question, then that's awesome, answer away. But post your clip, post your description, and if no one responds or keeps it bumped, then hopefully your next clip attracts more people. It's a cheap sales tactic.

If I opened a little information Kiosk next to 10 other information Kiosks and someone came over and talked to me and I told them what I had to offer. And they moved to the next one, and halfway through that guys description I started yelling obnoxiously. 'HEY DO YOU LIKE THE COLOR OF MY KIOSK? DO YOU LIKE THE BLUE I USED?" All the other kiosks, who were patiently waiting their turn and being honorable about it would have every right in the world to want to kick my ass. And that's what we have going on here. A bunch of producers that are making significantly better content than this guy and he's being a child about it. A complete child. Get over it and start producing better content instead of obnoxiously bumping all of your threads 6 months after their expiration date.

Hmm.. I wonder who you're talking about. LOL.

There are a bunch of us 'little guys' who occasionally bump threads (I have done it numerous times) because lots of people don't even know our companies exist. We don't have the guaranteed traffic that the bigger guys do. It's frustrating sometimes when you think you've made a great clip and it disappears off the first few pages of the section with only a couple responses.

Hmm.. I wonder who you're talking about. LOL.

There are a bunch of us 'little guys' who occasionally bump threads (I have done it numerous times) because lots of people don't even know our companies exist. We don't have the guaranteed traffic that the bigger guys do. It's frustrating sometimes when you think you've made a great clip and it disappears off the first few pages of the section with only a couple responses.

You know what though, Zen. First things first I respect the way you bump your clips and the way you market yourself. I don't really know what the solution is. I haven't put much thought into that part of it. But what I do know is that producers like yourself, and other, smaller producers end up being relegated to the backside of the newspaper not because of quality, but because other, larger named producers want to bump their own clips from 6 months ago.

I legitimately feel bad that you even have to deal with that. It's tough enough being a producer and having to deal with all of the other stuff that comes with the territory. This shouldn't be one of the issues.

I think that we all accept a clip most likely isn't going to be on the first page for very long. But when you post a brand new clip that you're excited about and can't wait to share with people here, and an hour later it's halfway down page 2 because other companies want to bump threads that have been dead for nearly a year, then that's very frustrating and you guys shouldn't have to deal with that. They should just add a section for the bigger producers, like they have now with tickle abuse. I would say that trimspa could certainly qualify for his own section, and then he could bump all his year old threads to his hearts content whilst not throwing someone else off the first page.

Aside from that Zen, I like your stuff, and I respect you as a producer and an active member of the community, which is why I feel as though you bumping threads isn't a big deal. Aside from doing it in a much better way, a lot of it is because you're active outside of your own material and are constantly contributing in other areas. More than I can say for some. Mad props, sir. :)

This is an issue that pisses me off as well. I mean, I spend all week finding the right girls/guys to get tickled and hope that by the end of my shoot I have several new very ticklish models and many more videos to update my site with. So lets say this past week I managed to film many new videos, worked late into Friday night and woke up early Saturday to go an editing marathon. I slave away at the computer for 16 hrs plus, make my still images, make my sample videos, write my descriptions, and upload everything to my website and c4s store. Finally, I post my samples on TMF and I am really pleased and proud of what I am contributing to the community. Then I see that a producer(s) has brought back several threads from oblivion. This is BS and it is unfair. I don't want to sound like I am crying here, but c'mon, there should be some kind of time limit if possible. I mean look at some threads that have been bumped 50 times, as many as 20 plus times it has been bumped by the producer, that is absurd. I am not saying that a thread can't be bumped, but a producer should not be bumping his or her own thread 6 months later, not even 2 weeks later. The typical thread retains its interest for the most part for about a week or two, after that, a producer shouldn't be allowed to bump it.

What I would suggest that since some producers put out more content than others, and to keep any one producer from dominating the front page, if you want to draw new interest to an old video, make a new sample of it reflecting something about the video that maybe you overlooked before. Bring a fresh perspective to an old video, don't be lazy and just bump a thread with meaningless remarks. For one thing, when one producer bumps excessively, others follow suit and the forum becomes less interesting. I don't want to bump my own threads, I try to not to respond unless its necessary and the comment will answer a question that I feel many people may have. The samples are for anyone who has something to put in, good or bad, and yes they are used to generate sales. But I think there has to be some kind of way to limit the amount of bumping the producer does.

I don't know whether the idea would be practical, whether because there may be too many producers to accommodate it, or for other practical reasons, but as at least a couple other forums here have numerous subforums (such as individual archives for a each of a number of artists in the "art" forum, as one example), what if each "major" producer had his/her own separate subforum within the clips/vids forum? Of course, criteria would have to be established to determine who qualified as a "major' producer/contributer, and it may well be too difficult to establish criteria to keep it to a manageable number. But if it could be done, that would prevent any of them from bumping themselves "above" anyone else's posts but their own.

Of course if some viewers may tend to prefer some producers' stuff over others, that could also make it easier for them to find what they may be most interested in.

Nah, it'll never happen. Too radical. ;)

I know there is no way to limit it and almost nothing that can be done about it. I just always thought it was one of those unwritten rules, like no driving slow in the fast lane! Producers need to be more responsible, and I think in the long run it will hurt their business rather than help, we all know what's up. I guess that is the only deterrent, you will make yourself look ridiculous by shamelessly bumping your own stuff.

Cabalist - That's exactly what I was saying in my second post, I completely agree with you. Sub-Forums under video clips for all major companies. Truth be told I don't see other smaller producers shamelessly bumping their threads in the same way some others do. Mike for example, of BostonTickling, a producer I respect greatly. Mike lets the people do the talking, and he interacts with them whenever there's a question. But you never see him saying "Do you think this girl has blonde hair? What do you like about seeing her get tickled?" He responds to questions, comments, and critiques. And I've yet to see him bump a thread that's been dead for 6 months. The one time I've seen him do it is when he comes out with a NEW clip of the same girl, a lot of people always ask to see the original one. And that way of bumping the clip is actually relevant.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea for there to be a sub-forum under clips where all MAJOR companies would have their own video clip section with the ability to put stills and other pictures in there if they wanted. There's really only two solutions to this, one, the aforementioned sub forums. Or two, producers need to have some self respect and stop the shameless plugs, pointless questions, especially when we're well aware of their history of NOT taking anyone's advice. I can't imagine talking to Shakira on the street and every 3 words she manages to interject "buy my new album". You let your quality do the talking, you let your fans do the talking, and you need to shut up if no one likes your video clip. Stop taking it so personally and just improve.

Tom - You're correct in what you're saying, it would be very challenging to find a good solution. And it's great that you're saying that because you're most definitely one of the largest producers of content out there. I find it frustrating for the smaller companies that they just kinda get run off the first page so that everyone can see a video from 6 months ago. It's totally unfair to them and anyone else who is producing new content and is effectively forced to the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th page after one or two hours.

I think we're all pretty aware that searching works. But truth be told, I come on here and rarely go past the 3rd page. Why? Because past that I can never remember what I've already seen. Plus even if I check one thing on the forums today, tomorrow everything is no longer in bold font, which gives off the impression that it's old. Even if I haven't looked at it. It's way more plausible that someone is going to just check the first few pages and then be done with it. No one is going to sit there typing in searches for every single producer. If that was the most common way people found clips, then the first page wouldn't matter nor be an issue.

This is an issue that pisses me off as well. I mean, I spend all week finding the right girls/guys to get tickled and hope that by the end of my shoot I have several new very ticklish models and many more videos to update my site with. So lets say this past week I managed to film many new videos, worked late into Friday night and woke up early Saturday to go an editing marathon. I slave away at the computer for 16 hrs plus, make my still images, make my sample videos, write my descriptions, and upload everything to my website and c4s store. Finally, I post my samples on TMF and I am really pleased and proud of what I am contributing to the community. Then I see that a producer(s) has brought back several threads from oblivion. This is BS and it is unfair. I don't want to sound like I am crying here, but c'mon, there should be some kind of time limit if possible. I mean look at some threads that have been bumped 50 times, as many as 20 plus times it has been bumped by the producer, that is absurd. I am not saying that a thread can't be bumped, but a producer should not be bumping his or her own thread 6 months later, not even 2 weeks later. The typical thread retains its interest for the most part for about a week or two, after that, a producer shouldn't be allowed to bump it.

What I would suggest that since some producers put out more content than others, and to keep any one producer from dominating the front page, if you want to draw new interest to an old video, make a new sample of it reflecting something about the video that maybe you overlooked before. Bring a fresh perspective to an old video, don't be lazy and just bump a thread with meaningless remarks. For one thing, when one producer bumps excessively, others follow suit and the forum becomes less interesting. I don't want to bump my own threads, I try to not to respond unless its necessary and the comment will answer a question that I feel many people may have. The samples are for anyone who has something to put in, good or bad, and yes they are used to generate sales. But I think there has to be some kind of way to limit the amount of bumping the producer does.
I do not wish to read everyone's responses and I apologize if someone came up with a similar solution; but I wish to throw my sombrero into this ring of fire. Instead of an all inclusive thread where all contribute surfed internet junk, re-posts, and other recreational taping; what if the forum was to create a supplemental thread exclusively for producers such as Tickle Abuse, TIB (or whoever he is now), Andre, Shy&Wild, etc.. Maybe then it may limit the bumping. Just a suggestion. Yes, it may suck.

Mike for example, of BostonTickling, a producer I respect greatly. Mike lets the people do the talking, and he interacts with them whenever there's a question. But you never see him saying "Do you think this girl has blonde hair? What do you like about seeing her get tickled?" He responds to questions, comments, and critiques. And I've yet to see him bump a thread that's been dead for 6 months. The one time I've seen him do it is when he comes out with a NEW clip of the same girl, a lot of people always ask to see the original one. And that way of bumping the clip is actually relevant

Ah, My Knight in shining armor from Vacation Land. Thanks for the props man. Although, I now go by my first name Sean, and not my middle name Michael. I'd feel uber lame if I spent my days bumping my own threads. I focus more on how many views the thread has. And lately my sample clips have been getting a lot of views, so I'm happy. I've never gotten that many responses when I post samples, and I'm fine with that. It takes a long time to build up a rep. And I don't want to tarnish my rep by being the fat producer guy from Boston who shamelessly bumps his own threads...

Ah, My Knight in shining armor from Vacation Land. Thanks for the props man. Although, I now go by my first name Sean, and not my middle name Michael. I'd feel uber lame if I spent my days bumping my own threads. I focus more on how many views the thread has. And lately my sample clips have been getting a lot of views, so I'm happy. I've never gotten that many responses when I post samples, and I'm fine with that. It takes a long time to build up a rep. And I don't want to tarnish my rep by being the fat producer guy from Boston who shamelessly bumps his own threads...

Didn't want to blow your cover chief. Check your messages while you're at it. I responded to you like a week ago. I have yet to receive said phone call and/or text message, sir. Hope things are well.

Thank you for doing that. I don't have the technical prowess to do whatever it is you just did. But that pretty much sums it up.

I don't see any problem with producers (or anyone for that matter) bumping a thread, regardless of its age, but then again, I tend not to whine about every little pissy inconvenience that I come across. It's probably just me.

Jeff, could you make this a sticky at the top of this page please?

Please refrain from thread bumping! When certain video producers get really greedy they just keep bumping their threads to the top of the page. This practice causes other honest producers to get bumped off the page without getting fair exposure time. I don't produce videos but I find it extremely annoying that I miss some new videos because they get bumped off the page so quick by these ignorant money grubbing loudmouths. Isn't there any way we could impose some sort of ban on these guys for continually using this practice to disrespect other producers?:ignite::Grrr::banghead::mad::rules: :rant::sowrong::ty:

what the fuck 6 pages of this shit :rant:
so what if some producer bumped some threads
just for you Piper1
i will bump this thread :)

Counting is overrated. So are useful contributions to threads.

I find it interesting that the longer this goes the more people surface who are annoyed (not angry) at thread bumping. While this seems far from a large, or demanding issue, it appears that it is an issue.

I actually find it quite astonishing that the so-called 'smaller guys' are standing up for the so-called 'bigger guys'. I mean if you guys are so annoyed that your clips are being bumped off the front page after a short run than shouldn't you be on this side of the fense? I mean it is these vague responses that are the cause of it all.

Oh and I would like to add that at page 3 this thread was clearly hijacked and I thought that was really immature. I can see how the thread creator took that as an insult. It was insulting.

I don't see any problem with producers (or anyone for that matter) bumping a thread, regardless of its age, but then again, I tend not to whine about every little pissy inconvenience that I come across. It's probably just me.

LOL :blaugh:

Oh and I would like to add that at page 3 this thread was clearly hijacked and I thought that was really immature. I can see how the thread creator took that as an insult. It was insulting.

Oh great ... next thing ya know , there'll be a thread where people complain about the practice of thread hijacking. :yarr:

:jester:

I count 5 or 6 posts which could be construed as hijacks, after which the thread was returned to the original topic, with no casualties, and with no interference from the moderators. If you found it insulting, I suggest you should get out of the house a little more.

bumping2.jpg

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Door 44 Productions
What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back