• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

[VX Ace] The Laughing Isles

What type of battle system can we expect? Is there any innovation on that field?

Origins still makes me smile, from the humor of the characters to the humor of the "expansions" (Slap Morrigan was the best) to the trailers- "Warden! Ya gotta hear this one. This human walks into a tavern... Eheh...Haha-HAHAHA *snort* Aha! *passes out drunk*" Ah Oghren, your sexual jokes and brash personality never failed to cheer me up. I may one day put a character in one of these games (if I do well that is lol) who is a lot like him.
There was a great blend of drama and humor among your companions.
Speaking of which, I'm curious what your squad choice system entails. Can we expect to choose them mainly for their skillsets (i.e. rogue, mage), or will they be individually written characters in a sense?

Ah, now there is where we diverge. I can never play an evil route. I've tried, oh I've tried. But...it's just not in me. Neutral and Good I can do - Neutral tending to have a little more...breathing room... but I can never go full "punching old ladies" evil :lol
I've looked up alternate choices after I've beaten the game once or twice, didn't say I always went for them. Some say they feel BA stabbing characters like Leliana and Alistar in the back, but I never could bring myself to aim for those outcomes. They just make me feel dickish.. lol

Well, now that I thought about it, there's no way I could ever match FF in RPG Maker lol. You can't really do the "Oh everythings ok in this room" -turn around- "O-HAI-THAR!" scares. Still, does my heart good to see you're not some fearless robot. Means there might still be hope for me to mess with you a little lol.
Yahtzee said it best with Dead Space in that it seemed like all the monsters got spotlights and were easy to spot where they'd show up. AMNESIA - THAT'S the game that'll scare you shitless.
Well said. Though speaking of Yahtzee, have you seen any of his free horror games like 7 Days a Skeptic? They're 8-bit, but he still manages to get some scares in.
(also really need to buy Amnesia one of these days)

Do you want me to do like Screamer with the mini-teasers/occasional screenshots, keep you all in (for the most part) the dark, just show you everything(which I won't do lol), or some other way?
Sounds good, and hopefully answer some questions along the way. ^^

Last edited:
No! No screamer style updates! They are big teases and every time I see them and know how lfar away the game is I get impatient.:pissed.......:stickout

I like the Screamer-style and.....No, wait!

I see what you did there. . . . I think...

What type of battle system can we expect? Is there any innovation on that field?

Innovation? Why yes there has been! TLI's battle system is all text based! It'll be like

"Ye vanquished Crabulon.
Crabulon dropped ye flask.
/get ye flask
You can't get ye flask!"

:lol Props if anyone actually knows the good part of this joke. But really, this IS my first RPG Maker game, so just like Screamer, Deus, and all the rest, TLI's battle system will be the Dragon Quest standard (aka the default). I AM studying and going to be testing out a battle system similar to LoL's... butthat'sinformationthatdoesn'tconcernyouatthistime >.>
Most additions I'm adding are graphic/HUD enhancements (if you played Monster Girl Quest, whenever our tiny hero get's around 30% or so HP, the enemy monster girl(s) always get a "Yes, cum for me!" face. I'm still looking into this, but don't get your hopes up that this'll be in the game - I've got enough on my plate as is). The battle system hasn't really been looked at yet aside from testing body part specific tickles to actually tickle close to said body part (ie Tickle Ribs actually "tickles" their ribs). Just one more bit of tediousness I'm doing; though a success so far on most of the enemies I've made.

There was a great blend of drama and humor among your companions.
Speaking of which, I'm curious what your squad choice system entails. Can we expect to choose them mainly for their skillsets (i.e. rogue, mage), or will they be individually written characters in a sense?

-bites my tongue- hrrrmmm...Was wondering when someone might ask something similar, because a part of me wanted to tell it while the other part was nervous it'd spoil too much.

I would certainly HOPE you'd choose them based on their appearance and personalities ;) What, women are just tools for you? Lol. Kidding, but there are 3 things you can expect to help you in choosing:

1) Personality/appearance naturally (they're more than just cardboard cutouts y'know.)

2) Filling necessary roles (Say you start a Mage. Guess what YOU'RE not gonna be doing well? That's right, taking hits. But see that Red Oni over there? Well she is big and strong, having a bit more HP/Defence. Might not be bad to invite her into your bedr- I mean party and take a few tickle attacks.)

3) Something you probably didn't expect - bonus content (aside from providing help in battles and those private actions, each girl will also give you something extra. There might be an event with her that will unlock a special skill, or she might help you get access to a bonus map you couldn't without her. What's more, you might even get slight story changes or new scenes depending on how close you both become (so in other words, totally ignore/abuse her and absolutely nothing will change :stickout.))

I've looked up alternate choices after I've beaten the game once or twice, didn't say I always went for them. Some say they feel BA stabbing characters like Leliana and Alistar in the back, but I never could bring myself to aim for those outcomes. They just make me feel dickish.. lol

Ah, I still remember one fateful night. I was on the Sacred Ashes questline. I was tired, real tired, and I misclicked. Next thing I know, I'm desecrating the ashes, my dear Leliana is screaming hatred at me, and next thing I know she has left the party and drawn her blade. Needless to say, an immediate Load Save was brought up.

Well said. Though speaking of Yahtzee, have you seen any of his free horror games like 7 Days a Skeptic? They're 8-bit, but he still manages to get some scares in.
(also really need to buy Amnesia one of these days)

I didn't even know he had made some games (I thought I remember him doing a game contest though where he picked a fan submission). And don't worry about not owning Amnesia yet - I still don't have it. I've just watched every second of it full screen online and of course by the wonderful antics of PewDiePie.

Sounds good, and hopefully answer some questions along the way. ^^

Sure, questions will get answers - if people start freaking asking BEZZY! I swear I'll create a sig of her crying in the corner. How'd you like that guys, huh? Coming to your fetish forum and seeing a crying girl everyday? :lol Nah, but seriously I'll answer (most) questions you throw at me since I'm really glad people are curious. Bad enough I've got big shoes to fill with Deus, Daabura and Screamer's hits.

No! No screamer style updates! They are big teases and every time I see them and know how lfar away the game is I get impatient.:pissed.......:stickout

Well shoot, guess that means I shouldn't do Screamer-style, eh? :lol Wouldn't want you to start breathing heavily into paperbags because you were freaking out Dae. lol!

"Ye vanquished Crabulon.
Crabulon dropped ye flask.
/get ye flask
You can't get ye flask!"
"Checking emails at home from your work computer, it's kinda like playing first person shooters with your girlfriend. It kinda ruins them both~"

1) Personality/appearance naturally (they're more than just cardboard cutouts y'know.)

2) Filling necessary roles (Say you start a Mage. Guess what YOU'RE not gonna be doing well? That's right, taking hits. But see that Red Oni over there? Well she is big and strong, having a bit more HP/Defence. Might not be bad to invite her into your bedr- I mean party and take a few tickle attacks.)

3) Something you probably didn't expect - bonus content (aside from providing help in battles and those private actions, each girl will also give you something extra. There might be an event with her that will unlock a special skill, or she might help you get access to a bonus map you couldn't without her. What's more, you might even get slight story changes or new scenes depending on how close you both become (so in other words, totally ignore/abuse her and absolutely nothing will change :stickout.))
Good to hear they'll be their own characters. So will we only be able to see content for two of them on our first run to balance combat and increase replayability? Or is it styled anything like Final Fantasy or Dragon Age where the characters can still have an impact on the story, but you can only bring a few with you at a time? (i.e. like an interchangable party)

Ah, I still remember one fateful night. I was on the Sacred Ashes questline. I was tired, real tired, and I misclicked. Next thing I know, I'm desecrating the ashes, my dear Leliana is screaming hatred at me, and next thing I know she has left the party and drawn her blade. Needless to say, an immediate Load Save was brought up.
Tis why God created autosave. :D

I didn't even know he had made some games (I thought I remember him doing a game contest though where he picked a fan submission). And don't worry about not owning Amnesia yet - I still don't have it. I've just watched every second of it full screen online and of course by the wonderful antics of PewDiePie.
Yeah, they aren't too long, but the Chzo Mythos ones are worth looking into.

Ah, I've seen a few freakout vids of it, but I still like to go in spoiler free. ^^

"Checking emails at home from your work computer, it's kinda like playing first person shooters with your girlfriend. It kinda ruins them both~"

Good to hear they'll be their own characters. So will we only be able to see content for two of them on our first run to balance combat and increase replayability? Or is it styled anything like Final Fantasy or Dragon Age where the characters can still have an impact on the story, but you can only bring a few with you at a time? (i.e. like an interchangable party)

Tis why God created autosave. :D

Yeah, they aren't too long, but the Chzo Mythos ones are worth looking into.

Ah, I've seen a few freakout vids of it, but I still like to go in spoiler free. ^^

-applauds- Whose awesome? YOU'RE awesome. lol and you even grabbed a good quote. I'd give you a cookie, but I'm afraid I've started sleep eating again so they're on backorder :stickout

Good question, stork. Originally I had planned for the girls to have a "rival" that caused them to leave the party if you decided to recruit them (even if your party was full, in which case they'd be replaced). I recently got my hands on Star Ocean: First Departure (real nice remake). Looking through some guides online to see where private actions were, I found out that people often use several of the characters as nothing more than tools - they join your party for a limited time, and then leave unless you recruit them over another potential member.
They grab them, pump their skill points into the skill that gives you free money, and then dump them the first chance they can while being significantly richer. I couldn't believe this flaw, nor this waste of a character (though I admit it is a clever tactic). I don't agree with that at all. So I scrapped that idea (though I might revisit it in the future). I'd hate to have seen someone take one girl, go through special maps/learn skills, only to then dump her for her rival (and then learn her skills/unlock maps).

Sorry, going on a small tangent - to answer your question directly, it will be the first one. You'll have up to two choices per playthrough (similar to how you have to play Deus' ToG several times if you want to see the different tickle-centric scenes between classes/sexes). You will not be able to change the party out. I'm still thinking about all of them, however, and their roles in the story. One I know WILL appear throughout if you don't recruit her, so she plays a bigger role. I'm not entirely sure about the bonus girl though or the others. Bonus girl aside, they'll see their roles in the story, but I didn't think of them as significant parts once they were done.

I'll look up some of his games when I have the time. Should be fun! And yes, glory to the wonderful autosave (if it's done correctly!). Unfortunately, there will be no autosave in my game :stickout

-applauds- Whose awesome? YOU'RE awesome. lol and you even grabbed a good quote. I'd give you a cookie, but I'm afraid I've started sleep eating again so they're on backorder :stickout
Eh just leave me whatever's left around there then. ^^

Originally I had planned for the girls to have a "rival" that caused them to leave the party if you decided to recruit them (even if your party was full, in which case they'd be replaced). I recently got my hands on Star Ocean: First Departure (real nice remake). Looking through some guides online to see where private actions were, I found out that people often use several of the characters as nothing more than tools - they join your party for a limited time, and then leave unless you recruit them over another potential member.
They grab them, pump their skill points into the skill that gives you free money, and then dump them the first chance they can while being significantly richer. I couldn't believe this flaw, nor this waste of a character (though I admit it is a clever tactic). I don't agree with that at all. So I scrapped that idea (though I might revisit it in the future). I'd hate to have seen someone take one girl, go through special maps/learn skills, only to then dump her for her rival (and then learn her skills/unlock maps).

- to answer your question directly, it will be the first one. You'll have up to two choices per playthrough (similar to how you have to play Deus' ToG several times if you want to see the different tickle-centric scenes between classes/sexes). You will not be able to change the party out. I'm still thinking about all of them, however, and their roles in the story. One I know WILL appear throughout if you don't recruit her, so she plays a bigger role. I'm not entirely sure about the bonus girl though or the others. Bonus girl aside, they'll see their roles in the story, but I didn't think of them as significant parts once they were done.
I see. Though I've seen different methods for something like a rival/approval system working without having to include the required drop and replace aspect (we've already mentioned Dragon Age), I could understand trying to avoid it for now. Still, I hope group interaction among different members isn't dropped entirely, though it'd be fairly difficult dealing with all the variables of different characters if their isn't a set party for the story.
It's another thing making optional characters still feel involved with what's going on, but I'm rambling. One step at a time. :D
I'll look up some of his games when I have the time. Should be fun! And yes, glory to the wonderful autosave (if it's done correctly!). Unfortunately, there will be no autosave in my game :stickout
Shiny.
Luckily I'm a compulsive saver.

First Ask Bezzy comic has been attached to the OP! I'll attach it here too.

I see. Though I've seen different methods for something like a rival/approval system working without having to include the required drop and replace aspect (we've already mentioned Dragon Age), I could understand trying to avoid it for now. Still, I hope group interaction among different members isn't dropped entirely, though it'd be fairly difficult dealing with all the variables of different characters if their isn't a set party for the story.
It's another thing making optional characters still feel involved with what's going on, but I'm rambling. One step at a time. :D

Do remember this is my first game, and I already have a lot on my plate heh. Rival/approval systems and interchangeable parties could happen in future projects. Definitely rival, at the very least.

If you're wanting group interaction ala Dragon Age, where party members randomly spark conversations between each other while you're walking around...well that might be hard to get into a RPG Maker game. There might be a possibility of it being doable, but I'm not going to look it up right now or mess with how complicated that system will be to set up and get working. You'll just have to settle with the party interacting with each other in private events and story right now.

I'll see what I can do about the bonus girl and integrating her into the story. Still not sure what I'll do, but I've got time to think things through and tend to do good just flying by the seat of my pants. :stickout

First Ask Bezzy comic has been attached to the OP! I'll attach it here too.
...I like the little tease already. :D

Do remember this is my first game, and I already have a lot on my plate heh. Rival/approval systems and interchangeable parties could happen in future projects. Definitely rival, at the very least.

If you're wanting group interaction ala Dragon Age, where party members randomly spark conversations between each other while you're walking around...well that might be hard to get into a RPG Maker game. You'll just have to settle with the party interacting with each other in private events and story right now.
Yeah, best not to set yourself up for too much at the get-go, and I'll try to be patient, hahah.

Though, I wasn't strictly speaking of DA's random conversations while traveling so much as the fact that they acknowledge and talk to each other period. Whether it was debating with the decisions the group had to make, or just simple friendly gossip with each other at the campsite, it made them feel like more of a team. I'm plenty happy with private events/cutscenes. ^^

Hnng! Bezzy! You tease! I'll have to make sure and "forget" to equipment you with items for certain encounters. ;P

Love the comic, and learned you were quite the artist. Ever thought of taking after LoZ and Umojar and uploading/taking commissions?

the growth of rpg maker tickle games is really nice
looking towards your game :D

Very nice, AW. I apologize for not posting on this sooner, but there was so much here! I'm overwhelmed! Or at least whelmed. And content to hear disdain at the mention of the last Star Ocean. The horrors I put up with! Although I consider Dragon Age 2… worth it, if clearly the lesser

Questions: Are the tickle scenes mostly our protagonists tickling the vanquished? Or do they get their fair share in return? And would there be some tickling between party members (like the cut scenes in LoL and ToG)? And are various potential party members particularly spot oriented (like say, Red Oni getting more belly tickling scenes)? If you haven't noticed, I consider these good things, but it's your game. Wait… am I supposed to be asking Bezzy things instead?

Dear Bezzy,

How should I choose my party members? Based on their gameplay, or based on tickling: how they react and where they're most ticklish?

PS: Please no more teasing, I'm not sure how much I can take.

Thanks!

...I like the little tease already. :D

Yeah, best not to set yourself up for too much at the get-go, and I'll try to be patient, hahah.

Though, I wasn't strictly speaking of DA's random conversations while traveling so much as the fact that they acknowledge and talk to each other period. Whether it was debating with the decisions the group had to make, or just simple friendly gossip with each other at the campsite, it made them feel like more of a team. I'm plenty happy with private events/cutscenes. ^^

Oh, if that's what you were talking about, then yes of course party members will talk to each other around certain events, whether talking about what happened or or what they plan to do/expect. :) It would be weird if you were about to go into an epic battle and Nadya just went "LET'S GET EM GANG" while the rest just nodded their heads quietly and followed lol.

Hnng! Bezzy! You tease! I'll have to make sure and "forget" to equipment you with items for certain encounters. ;P

Love the comic, and learned you were quite the artist. Ever thought of taking after LoZ and Umojar and uploading/taking commissions?

:lol Well, seems Bezzy at least has two fans. Makes me happy the first comic was successful. Hopefully it won't be the last.

Oh jeez, don't praise me too much lol. I aint that good, especially compared to LoZ or Umojar's excellent skills. I've actually done commissions in the past~ did an Asuka from Evangelion getting tickled and one of my OC's (a Drider/Arachne who had human legs rather than spider legs) getting her own treatment. I also did art waaaay back when I used to belong to the original ATF; if I remember correctly, Tickle Wizard used to have one of my pictures as his avatar (a Black Mage tickling a White Mage).

the growth of rpg maker tickle games is really nice
looking towards your game :D

Thanks Dal! I'm looking forward to keeping you guys updated and interested on progress and, eventually, seeing how you all like the game. :)

Very nice, AW. I apologize for not posting on this sooner, but there was so much here! I'm overwhelmed! Or at least whelmed. And content to hear disdain at the mention of the last Star Ocean. The horrors I put up with! Although I consider Dragon Age 2… worth it, if clearly the lesser

Questions: Are the tickle scenes mostly our protagonists tickling the vanquished? Or do they get their fair share in return? And would there be some tickling between party members (like the cut scenes in LoL and ToG)? And are various potential party members particularly spot oriented (like say, Red Oni getting more belly tickling scenes)? If you haven't noticed, I consider these good things, but it's your game. Wait… am I supposed to be asking Bezzy things instead?

Dear Bezzy,

How should I choose my party members? Based on their gameplay, or based on tickling: how they react and where they're most ticklish?

Thanks!

-high fives- Glad to hear someone else thought that blasphemy of a Star Ocean was unpleasant. Was wondering where more members were - the Tickling Games forum just seemed to die off in the past week. Thought some horrible disease had claimed the lives of our frequent visitors lol. Clearly the lesser indeed. They put too much effort into the first one and not enough in the second - not like they could've ever matched up/surpassed Origins' excellent cast.

Let me answer your first question with one of my own - are you asking about the "Finish Her" system that Deus and Screamer have in their games when you battle bosses? If so, you can choose to tickle (or release) your opponent if you win. Though, if you lose the fight, your opponent obviously won't let you escape :p
ToG had party members? :lol I don't remember anyone except Spaz, and she really wasn't what I'd call a party member. Though could you clarify what you mean by tickling between party members? What are you asking specifically here?
All the girls have at LEAST 2 incredibly ticklish spots on their body, so that will help broaden a player's selection if they're looking for specific parts. Of course, that's not saying the rest of their bodies aren't ticklish. Oh, and just to let you know, Red Oni is simply the girl's species name, like a Djinn or a Possessed Doll. Expect to see an update teaser this week :)

As for the Ask Bezzy question, that is simply an addition/bonus I've given to the forum members to help pass the time. Every weekend, I'll collect the questions asked during the week and make a couple comics where Bezzy answers them (as shown above). Granted, it's better to ask them earlier in the week so I have more time to draw :stickout I'll answer things faster, but as you can see you only get a bunch of words instead of pretty pictures of a character talking to you.
I have limits on what I'll answer, while Ask Bezzy questions will probably contain more spoilers and can be of anything. Consider her more to talk about more "Behind the Scenes" stuff. You could ask her personal information about herself (tickle-related or non) or the girls in TLI, story information, silly information (like best gum flavor or something), mechanics, hints and tips, etc. etc. so damn near anything.
Though, only Reo (Edit: and while I was posting this, Zerous) has asked Bezzy a question, and I won't draw comics to answers nobody asked. So the comics won't be made if nobody asks a question directed at her. Also, you aren't restricted to asking only one question ever - if you'd like the chance of having another comic drawn directed at you, asking more questions to Bezzy is allowed.

So Carnivore, is that an "Ask Bezzy" question, or do you not need to ask/want to ask a different one?

Last edited:
Let us speak no more of the abomination… I made it way too far into that game before rage quitting. For opponents, I asked about the "finish her" system which you explained nicely. But I was also referencing the inter-chapter scenes LoL and Deus's reboot had (with Hathor and Honey Bee and the like). The type of thing where "good" characters playfully get each other. The more innocent and consensual "I know where you're ticklish…" type of scenes are a great contrast to the "battle" scenes that are a necessary component of these games. I could see these being harder to script when party members are such a permutation, but there's a lot of potential for awesomeness at the same time.

I expect party members are something I'll agonize over, especially if it’s a permanent choice. I don't fault you for it, I like the weighty decision, the potential to go back and make different choices. This aspect of your game has me curious, I look forward to the teaser.

And Bezzy is more a behind the scenes type of thing? I think I get it. So I'll retool my question:

Dear Bezzy,

Can you give us a little insight into the other party members? Who's the most ticklish? Who's the most fun to tickle?

Thanks!

Although I consider Dragon Age 2… worth it, if clearly the lesser

The best I remember from my initial play of it, was that I liked Merril, and Varric was swag. lol So may need to look into it again.
And I won't mind the teasing, as long as she gets what's coming to her. ^^

Oh, if that's what you were talking about, then yes of course party members will talk to each other around certain events, whether talking about what happened or or what they plan to do/expect. :)
Good to hear. Should be interesting to see how it plays out; and if we're bringing friends or enemies together.

The type of thing where "good" characters playfully get each other. The more innocent and consensual "I know where you're ticklish…" type of scenes are a great contrast to the "battle" scenes that are a necessary component of these games. I could see these being harder to script when party members are such a permutation, but there's a lot of potential for awesomeness at the same time.

I expect party members are something I'll agonize over, especially if it’s a permanent choice. I don't fault you for it, I like the weighty decision, the potential to go back and make different choices.
I second both of these.

Liking what I've heard about party members, but I'll probably be beating myself up when I have to choose two. :D

Let us speak no more of the abomination… I made it way too far into that game before rage quitting. For opponents, I asked about the "finish her" system which you explained nicely. But I was also referencing the inter-chapter scenes LoL and Deus's reboot had (with Hathor and Honey Bee and the like). The type of thing where "good" characters playfully get each other. The more innocent and consensual "I know where you're ticklish…" type of scenes are a great contrast to the "battle" scenes that are a necessary component of these games. I could see these being harder to script when party members are such a permutation, but there's a lot of potential for awesomeness at the same time.

And Bezzy is more a behind the scenes type of thing? I think I get it. So I'll retool my question:

Dear Bezzy,

Can you give us a little insight into the other party members? Who's the most ticklish? Who's the most fun to tickle?

Thanks!

Mmnnnn...I see. Still not too sure on LoL's thing since I don't recall that happening, but what you're referring to in ToG is associated with Deus' relationship system. It was based on who you had gotten farthest with. As I mentioned earlier, you will get some minor changes in the story as well as private events that only happen based on how far you are with a girl. I'm still working on the relationship system, however, to determine limitations.
Another thing to think about is this - ToG and LoL are incomplete games. They are made up of chapters to give the makers less content that needs to be released at once. As such, the "you finished a chapter, here is a reward scene" can work out easier. I am attempting to make more of a game like Screamer's RPGs, where they are one full game from start to finish with no "END OF CHAPTER SO AND SO" stuck inbetween. It's like a continuous story. Once I throw the whole story into the game and see how it goes with private actions/events/story changes, I may change it to a chapter split game. Right now, however, I want it all continuous.

Also - don't worry. While I'll have tickle scenes that are adult, I'm not making it into a sex game. This is especially true for the girls and their relationships. You didn't think they'd just meet you and after the first PA they'd strap themselves to a bed nude and let you feather between their legs didja? Well, for most anyways. :p Ya gotta romance em first lol

I said all that about Bezzy and all you got was "Behind the Scenes"? Lol kidding. I'll give Bezzy your question, Carnivore. Thanks!

The best I remember from my initial play of it, was that I liked Merril, and Varric was swag. lol So may need to look into it again.
And I won't mind the teasing, as long as she gets what's coming to her. ^^

Good to hear. Should be interesting to see how it plays out; and if we're bringing friends or enemies together.

Lol everyone seems to be asking Bezzy to stop teasing.

Bring friends or enemies together you say? :teehee: Ohohoho~

I expect party members are something I'll agonize over, especially if it’s a permanent choice. I don't fault you for it, I like the weighty decision, the potential to go back and make different choices. This aspect of your game has me curious, I look forward to the teaser.

Liking what I've heard about party members, but I'll probably be beating myself up when I have to choose two. :D

Good! I want you to agonize over them all. Of course - you ALSO only have one chance to invite them. They won't be waiting around like they're desperate while wondering if you'll be back and change your mind. Most of the girls are close together in the story though, so you shouldn't have to wander far to find them. Just like in Dragon Age, Star Ocean, or most other party games, you'll meet and greet them throughout the story and then be given the chance after the encounter to bring them along. This will bring replay value, something you can't QUITE get as much if you can just swap them out whenever you wanted. It'll be the same with the class system, to a degree, in that playstyles may change based on what you choose to play as and who you choose to join.

So are you far enough in development to start posting screenshots? :3

Another thing to think about is this - ToG and LoL are incomplete games. They are made up of chapters to give the makers less content that needs to be released at once. As such, the "you finished a chapter, here is a reward scene" can work out easier. I am attempting to make more of a game like Screamer's RPGs, where they are one full game from start to finish with no "END OF CHAPTER SO AND SO" stuck inbetween. It's like a continuous story. Once I throw the whole story into the game and see how it goes with private actions/events/story changes, I may change it to a chapter split game. Right now, however, I want it all continuous.

Other bits of utility gained by posting chapters (as in ToG and LoL):
  1. preventing the projects from being vaporware
  2. getting feedback early, when things are less work to change.

If you don't want to release in chapters, it might be smart to get a couple beta testers and some positive, encouraging friends previewing the game during the design process. The former to help improve the game, and the latter to energize you and boost your morale, preventing your motivation from flagging. Then again, you're the sort of energetic/positive person that I would have recommended to someone else, for that kind of role.

Last edited:
So are you far enough in development to start posting screenshots? :3

Far in development? Hrmmm... Good question. Probably not as far as I'd like. I'm doing a LOT of extra stuff (blargh! Is it the weekend yet? Those are my best days to make progress).
Though before I went to bed last night I placed most of the first girl's invite event in, so once I get that looking nice and tested to work fully, I'll use her as the base for the relationship system. Once I get that fully tested, then I can shove the others in and go to town.
Ah, but for screenshots? Hummmm hmhm, I suppose I have enough I could make a few. Though we'll see how tonight goes since I've got a REAL early morning tomorrow for a doc's appointment - it might have to hold off and be placed in with a little teaser (probably later tomorrow).

Other bits of utility gained by posting chapters (as in ToG and LoL):
  1. preventing the projects from being vaporware
  2. getting feedback early, when things are less work to change.

If you don't want to release in chapters, it might be smart to get a couple beta testers and some positive, encouraging friends previewing the game during the design process. The former to help improve the game, and the latter to energize you and boost your morale, preventing your motivation from flagging. Then again, you're the sort of energetic/positive person that I would have recommended to someone else, for that kind of role.

-eyes narrow- ...Let's not mention that horrid word. I've been victim to too much vaporware in my lifetime than I'd like. Chapter releases can just as easily become vaporware too (I dare say ToG keeps teetering into that realm, but I'm going to keep being a little optimistic). And just to put at ease those that might be thinking it, I've now got people relying on me to get this done - I've done WAY too much now to drop the project. My last RPG Maker game only became an intro, and that's because only I cared about it. I would say that things are different with this game. As to feedback, well...maybe that's true, but I seriously doubt you'll get any less work - particularly if you have a lot of stuff and complex systems in. Honestly, chapters open up a whole different can of worms that can happen than if you just worked on a project as a whole. From what I see looking around, a vast majority of those that even make RPG Maker games go for full, completed games rather than chapters and incremental updates.

Oh Lurk(a), you silly man. Beta testers? Ho ho ho, what a crazy thought. :stickout Yes, of course I'm going to snag a few testers (QUOTE - BETA TESTERS! NOT people who just want to play my game early! Game makers need people who will TEST AND REPORT THINGS to even the TINIEST detail). Of course...even if you have beta testers, bugs and glitches still leak through ;) we're all WELL aware of that.
As to positive, encouraging friends? I have those, but they are being kept far away from this game because none of them know about my fetish - nor do I want them to unless necessary. Besides, I have all the encouragement and motivation I need here on Tickle Theater from you guys :) and you're all like my good, online buds hahaha (especially when you throw in compliments and flattery.) Don't know why I'm so positive and energetic. Quite weird...quite a mystery.

And I haven't mentioned this publicly, but I will release a small demo to appease your appetites (when ready of course), so that's something to look forward to as well. Oh, I wish I still had the first ToG ever shown...one map, that's all it was. Lol.

The scenes I was talking about in LoL were where you got back to base and rested at the inn, with the playable characters tickling each other. But yes, also like ToG's relationship system. The dichotomy I was looking for wasn't sexual - light, but of tone: aggressive and forceful tend to be the norm on the battlefield, but there's room for soft, teasing, and consensual back at camp amongst themselves. I understand you're not going for clear chapter breaks, but that's not the only way to fit those kinds of scenes in.

And how did I misconstrue the Bezzy question? I know I simplified it, but come on, must I retype it all? I'll make sure to ask for favorite colors and foods next time, if need be! Tickle questions have an obvious allure, though. And don't mind our complaints, despite our weak constitutions, we'll survive Bezzy's teasing somehow.

Hmmm... I'll think about what you said. The battleground ticking is more fight for your life stuff (especially the bosses) since the monsters want to tickle you and tease you and nibble and lick all your spots while absorbing your vital Dream Essence.
There will be soft scenes. There will be playful scenes. I didn't mean to make it sound like this is a hardcore thing (until you get to the haunted house:reddevil:)
where everyone just goes into full blown tickle torture. "I love you!" -while they've strapped the ticklee to a rack and have her being gang tickled on every nook and cranny with a variety of tools. Yea, that's not what I meant.
You'll get plenty of romantic, soft, sweet and innocent tickle scenes that help build the relationship and make your heart go "awww" while all snuggly in a blanket.

Bah! Ya can't just simplify! You have to say it all and be punctual about it. Every pixel of a letter should be recited when you talk about the Great Bezzy! lol I hope you're not taking what I'm saying and this mini "argument" too seriously, Carn. :D Your question was perfect.
Oh yes, tickle questions always will. Tickle, sexual, fetish-related (sure there's a few body part lovers that would love to ask her to just show off the goods).

Ah, weak constitutions? I'll make Bezzy calm down. Wouldn' want any of you to keel over in overjoy! Goodness knows how she is gonna flirt around this weekend.

Far in development? Hrmmm... Good question. Probably not as far as I'd like. I'm doing a LOT of extra stuff (blargh! Is it the weekend yet? Those are my best days to make progress).
Though before I went to bed last night I placed most of the first girl's invite event in, so once I get that looking nice and tested to work fully, I'll use her as the base for the relationship system. Once I get that fully tested, then I can shove the others in and go to town.
Ah, but for screenshots? Hummmm hmhm, I suppose I have enough I could make a few. Though we'll see how tonight goes since I've got a REAL early morning tomorrow for a doc's appointment - it might have to hold off and be placed in with a little teaser (probably later tomorrow).

Hey no problem. Do what you have to, no rush. Would be nice to see some of the work going on sometime though.

Aaaalrighty. Well, I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. Animewatcher's faithful - 100%. So let's give a little tease and some screenshots out there.

TLI_Girl_Teaser-1.jpg

Screenshots ala Screamer-style! Hoo hah!

-Looks like there's trouble in town with a catgirl causing chaos! The people need a hero!

-The House of Shrieks is said to be haunted and cursed! They say you can hear the sounds of laughter, cackles, and screams from inside the mansion. Are you brave enough to enter?

-In the jungle you'll find the local tribes. But deep within the labyrinth of vines lies an evil force that threatens to tickle them to extinction!

-Be careful! Possessed, cannibalistic lolis have been spotted rampaging the countryside! They seem to have a particular taste for the flesh of those associated with theaters!

ViuTU.gif

(just kidding on that last one :stickout have to get a jab in here and there)

Oh yes - and let me add a note. Please remember that screenshots are from a WIP game. As such, the content can change from now to the final product (by which I mean it'll be improved significantly if need be!)

Last edited:
What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back