• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What's your heritage?

Well, I'm entirely Jewish as far as I know.

Ethnically I'm 1/3 Russian, 1/3 Romanian and 1/3 Polish. Not sure how it got to be that way, but it's what I've come to figure out.

Well, I'm entirely Jewish as far as I know.

Ethnically I'm 1/3 Russian, 1/3 Romanian and 1/3 Polish. Not sure how it got to be that way, but it's what I've come to figure out.

There is no such thing as 1/3 in ancestry; all fractions have denominators which are powers of 2. :p

As for me, my father's ancestors came from Barcelona originally. In 1492, they were expelled from Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella for being Jewish and settled in Salonika. Many generations later, my paternal grandparents were born in Salonika when it was still part of the Ottoman Empire in the 1880's. They came to New York in 1910. (The city of their birth is now part of Greece and now named Thessaloniki.)

My mother's parents were born in the 1890's in the town of Kolomeia which was then in the province of Galicia of the Empire of Austria-Hungary. Her father and mother came to New York in 1910 and 1914 respectively. (That town is now part of Ukraine. It was, at various times, ruled by Poland, Russia, Germany, and Russia again.)

There is no such thing as 1/3 in ancestry; all fractions have denominators which are powers of 2. :p

As for me, my father's ancestors came from Barcelona originally. In 1492, they were expelled from Spain by Ferdinand and Isabella for being Jewish and settled in Salonika. Many generations later, my paternal grandparents were born in Salonika when it was still part of the Ottoman Empire in the 1880's. They came to New York in 1910. (The city of their birth is now part of Greece and now named Thessaloniki.)

My mother's parents were born in the 1890's in the town of Colombia which was then in the province of Galicia of the Empire of Austria-Hungary. Her father and mother came to New York in 1910 and 1914 respectively. (That town is now part of Ukraine. It was, at various times, ruled by Poland, Russia, Germany, and Russia again.)

That's fascinating Mil's.

Black, Sioux (Native American), Puerto Rican, Irish.

So, technically, I've been oppressed throughout history like 4 different times.

Where do you guys all come from? I know, most of you guys are in the US, but where do you trace your ancestry back to?

About 6 or 7 different countries (mostly Europe, non-english). Plus a mix of others (east europe, South America/Mexico). My ancestors got around.

As for me, I am half Sri Lankan Tamil, so I can probably trace my ancestry back to South India several hundred years back. I am also 1/4 Scottish, and 1/4 mishmash of things, mostly of Dutch and Jewish ancestry.

Funny you mention Sri Lankan; cause when I was overseas I met a bunch of people from Sri Lanka who told me my last name was quite popular over there.

So far as I know I'm not Sri Lankan, but all things considered, I wouldn't be surprised!:jester:

Russian and Irish,I guess that explains the high tolerance for alcohol...:gbtoast:

Don't know, and don't care. The minute you give a shit about where your family came from or what your background is is the minute you lose your individuality and become chained to an artificial signifier that determines your identity by commission of behaviors and breeding obligations, only to be labeled a traitor if you disagree.

If I had German background, does that mean I should eat German food, speak German, and suppress my sense of humor while priding myself on feats of engineering I haven't personally performed; or feel guilty about 23 million people I didn't kill, torture or persecute? Ethnicity is just melanin with a rap sheet telling you who your "people" fucked over, who fucked "your people" over, and what outstanding reparations you owe or are currently owed. It's bullshit.

I'm SOME kind of European but even that is completely irrelevant.

I'm a mix breed, or a high-bred (or is it hi-bred???), if you will.

Both sides of my family kept it withing the region. I was the first child born outside of their prospective bloodlines.

I am half Norwegian and half Ukranian. This effectively means that my first half compels me to invade shit, but the stupidity of my second half compels me to forget what I was doing and start farming.

The shitty part about being a Norkranian, is the fact that I would figure one side or the other would have helped to acclimatise me to Canadian winters. If my one biological half couldn't get me through six months of deep freeze hell, I should, AT LEAST, be able to count on the sheer stupidity of my other half to pick up the slack.

PS: If some of you are stupified, by what I just said, then I'll clarify: Ukranian jokes are to Canadians what Polish jokes are to Americans.:wavingguy

Don't know, and don't care. The minute you give a shit about where your family came from or what your background is is the minute you lose your individuality and become chained to an artificial signifier that determines your identity by commission of behaviors and breeding obligations, only to be labeled a traitor if you disagree.

If I had German background, does that mean I should eat German food, speak German, and suppress my sense of humor while priding myself on feats of engineering I haven't personally performed; or feel guilty about 23 million people I didn't kill, torture or persecute? Ethnicity is just melanin with a rap sheet telling you who your "people" fucked over, who fucked "your people" over, and what outstanding reparations you owe or are currently owed. It's bullshit.

k.. can still have pride in where ya came from

Ok so most of the family is Polish only, grandparents were from Russia, Lithuania and Ukraine. As far as i know :)

see why i love vodka and snow ^^

SILENCE....I keel yoo.

As for me, I'm a mutt and I don't know how far back who lived where...but I know I'm Irish on my dad's side, English on my mom's side...and somewhere in the mix there's some German and American Indian...and like all good Berks Countians....I have some PA Dutch in me :D

Misanthropic pseudointellectual is misanthropic. I tend to agree that attaching too much import to your heritage and ancestry is a bad thing, but at the same time I don't really think there's anything wrong with wanting to learn about your family history. As long as you DON'T allow your heritage to have any bearing on you as an individual (because it is, ultimately, irrelevant to you as an individual) it's all good.

i'm american, i was born here, so were my parents

farther back than that; dutch, romanian, french, and german on my mom"s side. scots, and irish on my dad's side.
my grandparents were all born back in the old country, and came here as young children. they all became citizens as soon as it was legal.
oh yeah something someone said bugs me; being jewish is a religion, not a nationality!

steve

Um...I hear what you're saying, but I'm glad Alex Haley didn't see things this way :smilestar

I am 1/4 Italian, 1/4 French Canadian, 1/4 German, 1/4 Irish/Hungarian, 1/4 Incredible

7/8 Norwegian, 1/8 Swedish.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApxnAr6pRt0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ApxnAr6pRt0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ok, I'm really swedish - my parents are, the grandparents I know of are, their parents are too.
There is one question mark though. My father's father. I have no idea who he is, and noone wants to tell me.
Perhaps he was Hitler or something o.o

Ok, I'm really swedish - my parents are, the grandparents I know of are, their parents are too.
There is one question mark though. My father's father. I have no idea who he is, and noone wants to tell me.
Perhaps he was Hitler or something o.o

I've done a little bit of digging and I think I found him:

JosephStalin9.jpg

A Mix

Irish and Catholic - me and brother tried to kill each other on regular basis as kids.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pwcHpL3iQg4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pwcHpL3iQg4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dutch
Windmill-Holland.jpg

Windmill anyone?

A little bit country...
b00000k2w401lzzzzzzzoi1.jpg

A little bit rock n roll...
jeffhibbardinter_i00000e.jpg

What's New

6/17/2024
Visit Door 44 Productions for ticklign clips! Details in the D44 box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back