• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Any programmers?

Midna

TMF Novice
It is nearly 2012, in these modern times it is socially acceptable to be a geek :) So who here is a programmer? I am currently learning C# ASP.NET as a hobby.

I've been putting off learning programming. I can't decide between C and C++.

Most people have recommended C++ due to it's modern use, but they also said that C is a good place to start if you don't mind learning two languages.

I been doing mainly java and javascript programming. I havent played around with C or C++.

it is amazing how similar the object oriented languages are. C and Java are almost the same minus some syntax and class declarations. It's not like good old FORTRAN or Pascal. They are completely different.

it is amazing how similar the object oriented languages are. C and Java are almost the same minus some syntax and class declarations. It's not like good old FORTRAN or Pascal. They are completely different.

Yea I have heard that. I remember FORTRAN and even used COBOL for a bit (i know ugh :p) did a lot of BASIC programming as well.

I've been putting off learning programming. I can't decide between C and C++.

Most people have recommended C++ due to it's modern use, but they also said that C is a good place to start if you don't mind learning two languages.

Hi Bothersome. I did a bit of C++ during Uni, using an API called Allegro to make games. If you are interested in game programming then I recommend C++ with Allegro as it is nice to learn and there are lots of examples available on the Allegro website. If you are interested in making applications though I'd recommend a more modern language like Java or C#. A lot easier to learn and you don't have to worry about pointers

I took a Basic Programming course in college, which taught no actual code except pseudo-code. After that, I was required to take a class called "Intro to Software Design" which assumed knowledge of C. :confused: I can't program my way out of a paper bag. :shrug:

I'm trying to teach myself C++ in order to be able to use the RPG toolkit I downloaded, since apparently RPG Code is pretty much based in C++. So far, I've been able to create three screens, and a house that I can walk into and out of (It was frustrating but fun trying to puzzle out how to make the door work! lol :banghead: ). If I can only figure out how to create enemies, and make the treasure chests work, I'll have a mini RPG with a storyline as simple as the orc and the pie. :D

I'm a senior .NET and SQL developer and architect. I write mainly in C# and T-SQL, but I can write in Java, PHP, C, ksh, bash, C++, VB, VB.NET, ASP.NET, x86 ASM, ARM ASM, P-SQL, MySQL---

Actually, let's just say I write a lot of code >.>. Most businesses that are not in the game or OS world want either .NET or Java, though, so I spend most of my time on those. If anyone wants to talk code or collab on a project, hit me up! Codin' is what I do.

Nice to see other programmers on the forums :) I am mostly a website developer. I got to a good level with PHP, but not many places do PHP :( So I mostly do classic ASP :eeew: in my job. Currently learning C# ASP.NET both as a hobby and also with the hope that I will be given some .NET projects at work.

Fluent in C+ Pascal, APL, Cobal, and amusingly enough the form of basic they used on punch cards.

Yah that BS degree in computer science was a long time ago.

Myriads

I'm a senior .NET and SQL developer and architect. I write mainly in C# and T-SQL, but I can write in Java, PHP, C, ksh, bash, C++, VB, VB.NET, ASP.NET, x86 ASM, ARM ASM, P-SQL, MySQL---

Actually, let's just say I write a lot of code >.>. Most businesses that are not in the game or OS world want either .NET or Java, though, so I spend most of my time on those. If anyone wants to talk code or collab on a project, hit me up! Codin' is what I do.

Can you recommend any good books on Java, PHP or .NET programming?

Fluent in C+ Pascal, APL, Cobal, and amusingly enough the form of basic they used on punch cards.

Yah that BS degree in computer science was a long time ago.

Myriads

I remember having to buy punch cards out of those cigarette like vending machines. LOL Many many years ago. :p

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back