• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

depression update

tickleteasing

Verified
After several weeks on 40 mg of lexapro no change I still do not want to get out of bed, and am having horrible dreams, I see my doctor in a few weeks. I really have no idea whats happening.

Antidepressants take time to work. After a month on Zoloft (Sertraline) I was not feeling any better. Same at six weeks. My doctor reduced my dosage of that and gave me a prescription for another medication as a booster. I don't remember what it was but it really helped.

Don't wait weeks to see your doctor. Call his or her office first thing in the morning and tell them what's going on. They can't do anything if you don't keep them informed. When it comes to health care you have to be pro-active.

just like buggy said they take time to work im on them my self dude best thing to do is tell ya doctor now and see what he can do for ya

I am really sorry to hear that so far that the 40 mg of Lexipro is not helping you-sadly you still don't want to get out of bed-barely have any energy and no drive/no motivation to do much that is really too bad. I am sorry to hear this. I am glad to hear soon in a few weeks you will see your psychiatrist-really do help that the medicine he prescribes to you helps you out a great deal-maybe you might need some therapy too not sure. I hope you feel better real soon. I really do miss you-miss us chatting-hope you feel better real soon. Sending hugs. :dropatear:dropatear:dropatear:dropatear::(:(:(:sadcry::sadcry::console::console::console::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs:

Sorry to hear this - Getting up and walking in daylight might help, nature helps, exercise helps depression, walking especially is supposedly helpful
but you of course have to be able to get out of bed to do that - wish it was easy as saying go for coffee with a friend, or a movie, get out of the house, but most of all to move, hope you follow that advice to see your doctor and that you find a cure :)

Sorry to hear this - Getting up and walking in daylight might help, nature helps, exercise helps depression, walking especially is supposedly helpful
but you of course have to be able to get out of bed to do that - wish it was easy as saying go for coffee with a friend, or a movie, get out of the house, but most of all to move, hope you follow that advice to see your doctor and that you find a cure :)

yes try to do that!.

All I know is if it wasn't for exercise and caffeine, I'd probably be in the same boat. I generally don't go a day without a good bit of caffeine, because I feel like shit mentally and physically otherwise.

You may not want to, but maybe going for a walk, or hitting the gym for a bit will help.

I'm sorry to hear that you still aren't feeling better, tickleteasing.

Perhaps you should call your doctor, and ask to have the type of med you are on changed.. or the dosage altered. I've heard of cases where a tweak in the medicine, can help.

I have a friend who is having serious issues with depression. He is on two anti depressants.

Good Luck, tickleteasing. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Mitch

I know depression can hit hard. It can keep the most positive person in deep negativity. What you need to do to overcome this is to take control of your thoughts. Some of us may not believe it, but you have more control then you think.

You cannot allow this to get the best of you, and deep down you know it. When life has you down; you got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move forward. Get yourself out of bed at all costs. No matter what you are thinking, GET UP! You need to find a social setting with loved ones and have a great time. Go out and have a few beers while sharing hilarious stories.

You need to laugh too. Laughter helps so much and changes negative mindset to a positive one. Hang around someone who you know makes you laugh.

Since your on these forums; you should find someone to tickle or tickle you. I know it would help a lot. The thing about depression is that you can overcome it.

The world may seem dark, but light always shines through my friend. Just look at the people posting here hoping you get better. You have people who care about you, and that is something to hang onto. Force yourself to remember something great that happened in your life. Smile, laugh, and never allow darkness to keep you down. Life is far too short to be down. Living is reason enough to be happy.

Good luck to you.

Please hurry back I miss you. I miss you dear friend. Sending you hugs get better real soon. :bunny::dropatear:dropatear:dropatear:dropatear:dropatear:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::(:(:(:(:sadcry::sadcry::sadcry::sadcry::console::console::console::console::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::dropatear:

I'm sorry you are having a hard time. I didn't realize that. I'll try to call you this weekend.

It will be good when soon you are able to see your psychiatrist-really do hope he is able to really help you-maybe figure out what medicine to give you or adjust medicine that or do whatever needs to be done to help you get out of this awful depression you are feeling. This is not like you. Hope you feel better soon. Have a good night and hope we will get to chat soon. :pounce::pounce::pounce::pounce::(

Really brighteyes I am really sorry to hear that. That is a really long time to still be trying to figure out what right medicine will be beneficial and work best. A year is quite a long time. I am sorry it has taken that long for you-but I think not alone saying the sentiment that I hope it does not take that long for this to get all figured out. That is a really long time to be depressed-can't be good, can't be healthy-hopefully soon tickleteasing feels better real soon-hopefully soon after he sees his psychiatrist-hopefully be lot more improvement-feel like himself. Here is hoping.

Sorry to hear that :( Meds like Lexipro can take 4 to 6 weeks to really work. It can take some time to find the right med mix as Mondy said but there are more medications then ever to choose from. Are you also going to any type of talk therapy?

I wasn't really dealing with depression, hence the need for a
cocktail. Some people are constantly having to work on their
medications as their body chemistry changes. It's just one of
those things in life that you have to deal with and make the
best of.

The thing is I have had problems with depression for the past five years, but its gotten really bad in the past month and I do not know why. I am a naturally pessimistic person I tend to hate throwing my problems on others so I hide and not want anyone to be burdened with the things I worry about because people think there silly.

Wow I am sorry to hear that you have been suffering with depression for the last 5 yrs that is a really long time. As for you being a naturally pessimistic person-I so don't see that tickleteasing. You seem very fun to be around, very lighthearted, very kind and a great friend. I feel very blessed and very fortunate to have you as my friend. I hate the fact that you feel that you have to go through this-struggle with this depression alone. I hate that you think that you are a burden to others sharing your problems and you talking about you going through depression. That really is sad. You are not a burden to me, never been a burden to me. I don't think the things you worry on/care about are silly hope you believe that-I am sure many of your friends don't find what you worry/care about as silly either, not silly.

I miss you and really hope soon you can get this all figured out with your psychiatrist/meds so you can get feeling back like yourself again-I miss you a lot. Get better soon-please call me or pm me love to hear from you -here to listen if you need a friend-need to talk or someone to listen. Hugs miss you:(

:bunny::(:(:(:(:dropatear:dropatear:dropatear:dropatear::console::console::console::console::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::dropatear::dropatear:dropatear:

Here is a few things I picked up from the Depression Alliance Scotland website which you may wish to try ( advice is given by a Psychiarist )

Firstly diet : 1. Eat bananas (one a day is fine) because they provide slow release energy in the form your body deals with best and they have high levels of Tryptophan which the body converts to 'feel good ' brian chemicals. 2. Always eat breakfast preferably porridge or meusli again for sustained energy. 3. Cut down as much as possible on junk food it screws around with blood sugar levels which in turn affect mood

Exercise : in order to increase the level of endorphins produced exercise needs to be vigorous enough to make you slightly breathless.Stair climbing is the best for this.

Perform a small act of kindness towards someone else daily, reseach shows that the giver often feels better in this situation than the reciever.

Walking is good but should be done with a purpose rather than just plodding along immersed in negative thoughts. To do this things I have done include ; walking somewhere different every day . Walking in green areas especially by running water ( i find this aparticularly good stress releiver ). Trying to identify different types of birds. Raising eye level not staring down at the ground .

I would also add that you should give up trying to find a reason for your depression .Unless there is something obvious causing you distress chances are you will never find it, and even if you did it wont cure you so try not to waste energy on it as this is a vicous circle. My own thoughts are usually something along the lines of " Im am ill but it will pass" and since adopting this attitude my own attacks have been shorter and less severe .

It is also important not to confuse your self with the illness.There are some things you cant do right now just as there are things someone with a broken arm cant do and you should not feel any more guilty than he would ( Not easy I know )

Try to ignore advice from people who think that the illness is just a mood that can be cured with a quick fix, they know nothing of the complexity of it and their advice should be filed under " Well meant but wrong" I hope you find this useful . Good luck and be kind to yourself. :thumbsup:

As someone who has battled this disease for years now, I feel that maybe my saga can shed something to the matter.

For a long time I wasn't aware that I was in fact battling depression. I chalked things up to bad choices, bad timing, a cynical outlook, hanging out with the wrong crowd, dating the wrong people, etc, etc, etc....

Truth of the matter was that I needed help so I finally did go to the doctor and got the diagnosis and was put on medication. That was over 2 years ago give or take, and frankly after 3 months on the pills things got worse. I became in my terms a "zombie" with no real thoughts or feelings on much of anything. Yes on one hand the symptoms of depression subsided but at what cost? That is when I decided to stop the medication and trust my own self to battle this demon on my own. I am in no means advocating this course but it worked for me being that I do not like medicines that mess with my body chemistry.

I have the support of my family in this endeavor and I also take a natural supplement, St. John's Wort, to help wage the fight. The key is to realize that this demon can pop up at all times without warning and to always be vigilant. Train yourself to take a breath and think things out. Ride the emotional roller coaster because every low has a high over the bend. You can take charge of this demon and keep it at bay if you can be strong enough and have the support system in place.

This demon cost me friends, jobs, money, and in one case a great person who I may never get back in my life. But no matter what I keep the faith that things will get better if I stay strong and keep fighting. The stakes are too high to just tuck tail and call it quits. You can battle and come out with victories if you just trust yourself and your doctor's to keep you in each round.

All the best to you and drop me a PM if you wish, I'm happy to assist.

I will try some of the ideas and the banana one I just feel real crippled by it and almost like there is this big black cloud over me. Also living with ocd is murder

I am really sorry that you feel crippled by this depression-real sad to hear that you feel there is this big huge black cloud over you. That is really too bad. I hope soon things look up for you-this depression lifts soon. I hope your psychiatrist get help you get on the right meds that will help you with this-therapy to help you talk about your depression those also that suffer with depression-so you don't feel alone, know you are not alone-if that is what will help you kick this. I miss you a lot and just know I am here, not going anywhere. Be good to yourself and take it easy, please let me and let us know what happens. I hope when you see your psychiatrist it is a really good visit and helps you to get to the root of what is wrong and why this is happening-help you kick it big time the depression that is-help you find ways to manage and emotionally cope-not let the depression rule over you. Hugs miss you.

:bunny::pounce::pounce::pounce::pounce:
:pounce::pounce::pounce::pounce::dropatear:dropatear::dropatear::dropatear::(:(:(:sigh::sigh::sigh::console::console::console::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::twohugs::dropatear

I will try some of the ideas and the banana one I just feel real crippled by it and almost like there is this big black cloud over me. Also living with ocd is murder

There is, plain and simple. But keep in mind that in lay terms your mind brought in on and your mind can make it go away.

This is not an indictment of you or the way you think, just a way of simply putting it to let you know that you can over come this storm. It won't happen in a day, week, or even a month but it will happen if you can be strong and fight on.

Start out small, say tomorrow is going to be better then today then make it happen. Even one little thing can achieve this goal and continue the trend. Read a book to relieve some of the burden, or watch a movie, or stare at the clouds. Anything to give your mind a break so to speak. Focusing on the negative will only let the clouds take root and build stronger. Every little bit can be a necessary distraction.

As someone who has battled this disease for years now, I feel that maybe my saga can shed something to the matter.

For a long time I wasn't aware that I was in fact battling depression. I chalked things up to bad choices, bad timing, a cynical outlook, hanging out with the wrong crowd, dating the wrong people, etc, etc, etc....

Truth of the matter was that I needed help so I finally did go to the doctor and got the diagnosis and was put on medication. That was over 2 years ago give or take, and frankly after 3 months on the pills things got worse. I became in my terms a "zombie" with no real thoughts or feelings on much of anything. Yes on one hand the symptoms of depression subsided but at what cost? That is when I decided to stop the medication and trust my own self to battle this demon on my own. I am in no means advocating this course but it worked for me being that I do not like medicines that mess with my body chemistry.

I have the support of my family in this endeavor and I also take a natural supplement, St. John's Wort, to help wage the fight. The key is to realize that this demon can pop up at all times without warning and to always be vigilant. Train yourself to take a breath and think things out. Ride the emotional roller coaster because every low has a high over the bend. You can take charge of this demon and keep it at bay if you can be strong enough and have the support system in place.

This demon cost me friends, jobs, money, and in one case a great person who I may never get back in my life. But no matter what I keep the faith that things will get better if I stay strong and keep fighting. The stakes are too high to just tuck tail and call it quits. You can battle and come out with victories if you just trust yourself and your doctor's to keep you in each round.

All the best to you and drop me a PM if you wish, I'm happy to assist.

There is, plain and simple. But keep in mind that in lay terms your mind brought in on and your mind can make it go away.

This is not an indictment of you or the way you think, just a way of simply putting it to let you know that you can over come this storm. It won't happen in a day, week, or even a month but it will happen if you can be strong and fight on.

Start out small, say tomorrow is going to be better then today then make it happen. Even one little thing can achieve this goal and continue the trend. Read a book to relieve some of the burden, or watch a movie, or stare at the clouds. Anything to give your mind a break so to speak. Focusing on the negative will only let the clouds take root and build stronger. Every little bit can be a necessary distraction.

Quoted for truth! Medication actually helped me short term but I did not want to make it a way of life. I still go through rough stretches at times but I know it will pass, and there are things I can do to speed the process up.

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back