• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TNA vs WWE on Monday nights

Sandrock74

4th Level Green Feather
The new Monday Night War has been announced. Starting January 4, 2010, TNA Impact is going live on Monday nights in direct competition with WWE Raw.

I'm not an avid watcher of Impact, and I am down to only watching the first hour of Raw. I was getting tired out from wrestling, as I have been watching it on Monday nights since February 1998. Without a doubt, the original Monday Night Wars was the best time! I was a fan of WCW and flipping back and forth as the two shows competed was a lot of fun. My friends and I would get together on Monday nights, order pizza, hang out and watch.

After the WWE purchased WCW, things got bland. Then the brand split occured which made things interesting (to me) again, but by then my friends were all moving away. As the years went by, I was watching it alone, mostly out of habit.

I'm definitely going to watch both shows in January and see how things go. Maybe this can reignite the interest in me again. If not...I guess I will have Monday nights free for the first time in 12 years.

What do you all think about this move?

Death sentence for TNA. between raw and monday night football, this is not a good move.

I find TNA painful to watch. I hate their octagonal ring, which I think screws up their match tempo; I hate their "talent". It's kinda sad to see the old-timers have found another brand to keep them from fading away into retirement.

I don't expect much out of this "war". However, it'd be nice if it compelled WWE to edge away from the bland, PG attitude. Dialogue between superstars hasn't been very fun to watch since the days of Austin and the Rock passed.

It's about time, Ive been calling for TNA to challenge WWE for at least two years!

WWE better hope that they're on their game or else TNA just might knock them off as top promotion. WWE needs to be pushed and TNA need to step it up.

I personally enjoyed watching tna at one point. around the time it was first starting out with the king of the mountain jeff jarett and aj styles and chrstopher daniels. Now it reminds me of wcw. WWe is a shitfest but i dont think tna can compete on the same level as wwe.

Brother!!!

I've heard rumors that the 6 sided ring may be going bye bye. I think that the 6 sided ring is something that should only be used for specific events, not their regular matches.

tna's worst move ever, they cant even beat ecw's ratings what makes them think they can go head to head with raw....just stupid

I don't see how this can lead to anything but a bad result for TNA. Their product isn't that good to begin with. Not that WWE is exactly at its peak or anything, but it's got the track record that TNA can't begin to touch. Just... not good for them, in my opinion.

TNA when they want too can really deliver, during the whole Front Line vs. Main Event Mafia deal I was locked in.

The thing with the WWE is they're to complacent, therefore no need to even try, they feel as if they're fans will tune in no matter what. When WWE then WWF was bring they're A-game, WCW was pushing them every step of the way.

This is also like I said a chance for TNA to make a name for themselves, WWE is the big bully on the cell block and if TNA is really going to make some noise, they can't be scared of WWE, they have to either step up or step off.

I think a lot of people will be surprised by what TNA has to offer, this is both companies chance to really make some noise for themselves.

Last edited:
What do you all think about this move?

FAIL. TNA had all kinds of chances to make noise in the wrestling business but instead of elevating their young talent, they used recycled has-beens from WWE. This will be the fatal mistake that effectively ends TNA.

Wasn't there something happening in TNA's regular timeslot which would have gotten them slaughtered anyway? So really, switching to Monday for a single night to stick it to WWE might be a one off thing to test the waters.

Although if WWE does the smart thing and have The Rock as guest host the same night, TNA will get buried.

TNA will be buried either way.

I think the fact that their having the show on a Monday night will get them a little interest from people who wouldn't normally watch, but they'll ultimately fail.

I think Hogan will be gone by June.

I think it's a big mistake if TNA goes head to head with WWE, at least right now. Hogan, Bischoff, etc need time IMO to show what they've got and develop a following before challenging the beach bully on his own turf. If TNA remained on Thursday (or Saturday night) for a year or two.....give the wrestling fan an unbiased view of their hopefully new and exciting product, it would give them a much better chance of success.

If TNA is only banking on the name and reputation of Hulk Hogan to bring them equal viewership with WWE right now, they are making a horrible mistake (I'm not a huge WWE fan, but right now if given a choice, would watch WWE instead of TNA if both aired at the same time).

I used to think TNA was one noteworthy name (Goldberg, Lashley, RVD) from being on equal footing with WWE but the more people they sign, the worse they seem to get. I don't know what it is: the untraditional ring, the bad announcing, the horrible gimmicks, the signing of WWE's rejects... I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps I can't take the company seriously if they're called TNA (Tits & Ass). At any rate, if TNA goes up against WWE when they have the Rock as the guest host, TNA is in serious trouble and "it won't matter" what has-been they parade out in front of the camera. They'll need to say their prayers, train like hell and take some steroids to keep from being humiliated in the ratings.

The WWE has been slowly dying since the "attitude era" went too far. Now they can't even call Cena's moves the FU and the STFU anymore.

Cena's actually not going to be on Raw the night TNA's up against it, doing a gig somewhere else to promote Wrestlemania. Should be interesting to see if this has any effects at all.

If Cena isn't going to be there, perhaps he's scheduled to drop the belt to Sheamus.

I don't know the outcome but I'll be watching TNA. I haven't watched WWE in a long time it has become a boring kids show. Anyone who hires John Cena should be shot.

This. They'll be back on Thursdays by summer.

More likely they will be back on Thursday by the 14th of January... if they can that is.

This show has one of the best lead-ins they could ask for "The Ultimate Fighter", and they still can't bring in a decent buck or much more then a 2.0 (on a really good night) in the raitings. When I first saw TNA it was when it first showed up on Spike, and they had some potential to be a strong company... not a new WCW, but definetly something worth watching. They seemed to be In-Ring driven witch gave the viewer something different to watch from the WWE, and I thought that would be a good thing because who wants to watch the same thing EVERY night. Then they decided to go against their strengths and push this SNL skit stuff. Some fans like skit comedy, some fans are about strong in-ring work, and some fans are into both. The point is they were doing their own thing, and doing it well, and shot themselves in the ass when they starting trying to go the other way.

WCW was, in some ways, a real fluke. The WWF had gotten lazy, and Eric Bichoff was a hungry up-and-commer. When he got the oprotunity to run things he hit like gang busters, and the fans wanted something new. Bringing in the internation stars, turning Hogan Heel, and the nWo, came at just the right time... and the Nitro Girls didn't hurt either lol. You will never see an event like the Monday Wars happen again! I don't like Vince, but the man is no fool, and is definetly keeping his eyes on TNA. If he isn't, he has somebody who does. If they become any sort of threat he will squash them hard and right away.

The last time I watched TNA, LAX had gone from being a really kick ass "Gangsta" gimmick team to a lame ass, poor mans Cryme Tyme... and Cryme Tyme's gimmick sucks, so that should really say allot for how stupid the booking was getting. I also understand Soja Dutt and Petey Williams were let go several months ago, so they obviouly don't care about great young in ring workers. They should stay on Thursdays, go back to promoting a strong in-ring program, and stop trying to be a poor man's WWE.

Oh for the days of the Flying Elvis's!
ST

This is no different than when WCW started Nitro. WCW used to be an exclusive saturday program, then they got balls and Turner and moved to Mondays. This is no different

They just need to find that niche that will put them above. Vince is showing already brief fear by going and getting Bret Hart for that night TNA starts on Mondays

This is no different than when WCW started Nitro. WCW used to be an exclusive saturday program, then they got balls and Turner and moved to Mondays. This is no different

They just need to find that niche that will put them above. Vince is showing already brief fear by going and getting Bret Hart for that night TNA starts on Mondays

The one difference was that the WWF was dragging it's ass, and WCW had somebody people wanted to see. When TNA was good WWE fan were to blinded by misplace loyalty to give it a chance. Now they are crap, so who would want to watch it.

Actually I might, just to spite Vince. I haven't watched any wrestling in about 5 years, so one episode of Impact won't kill me.

What's New

6/6/2024
Visit Tickle Experiment for a wide range of clips! Info in the TE box below.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back