• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Whatchu playing?

TickleLolita said:
What's the difference between sorcery and pyromancy? I mean, I get that pyromancy is fire, but what would make it so different that it had to be separated from sorcery?
Aside from the different spells, Sorcery is governed by the Intelligence stat, while Pyromancy is primarily governed by the level of the Pyromancy Flame, and also the fire parameter bonus in your stats. It essentially served as a sort of neutral magic class that doesn't require as much investment in your stats, which makes it something physical-based characters can still use well.

Also just in case you don't know you can get items that will reset all of your stat points.

What's the difference between sorcery and pyromancy? I mean, I get that pyromancy is fire, but what would make it so different that it had to be separated from sorcery?

On top of what Excess has said, sorcery tends to be used as a primary form of attack in the early game. You have to put your levels into intelligence to do more damage so you're better off having a high int. stat and building up the others to just do what you need because you can always use magic or the resins to buff your weapons to make up for the lack of points in dex or strength. Just keep in mind that some enemies are heavily resistant to magic which could give you some trouble if that's where all your damage comes from.

Pyromancy is supposed to be used alongside other weapons which is why it doesn't have direct scaling through intelligence or faith although I think intelligence affects your fire scaling. So it's just a way for melee characters to have AoE attacks or mid range projectiles to give them a bit of diversity. Like spells or miracles, they take up a attunement slots so in your case you'd have to ration them out if you want to include pyromancy.

But in reality, you'll be at like level 150 when you beat the game so you can really just build your character as you go and find things you enjoy and like Excess said, there's a way to rebuild your character if you don't like how you've put your levels.

I've decided to play Undertale again since I finished my genocide run a while back and I'm interested to see what it changes. To the person who mentioned it last time (sorry I don't remember who you are), my bad time collectively lasted about 4 hours lol. I took breaks after certain stretches of trying.

On a pleasant note, I've got the soundtrack stuck in my head again. I could (and have) listen to the soundtrack over and over again, so good.

I've decided to play Undertale again since I finished my genocide run a while back and I'm interested to see what it changes. To the person who mentioned it last time (sorry I don't remember who you are), my bad time collectively lasted about 4 hours lol. I took breaks after certain stretches of trying.

That would be me. So, are you doing a pacifist run this time? Omega Flowey is hard to beat but enduring a pacifist run is mind numbingly hard. The ending might be worth it though.

On a pleasant note, I've got the soundtrack stuck in my head again. I could (and have) listen to the soundtrack over and over again, so good.

Yup, I often listen to San's theme (aka Megalovania) on Youtube. :D

Playing Civilization 6! WHY THE FUCK DO THESE BARBARIANS HAVE ARCTIC MAMMOTH MOUNTS AND WIELDING MUSKETS? lol.

Last edited:
currrently re going through halo 5 after completing it on legendary solo, i'm now trying to get the rest of the achievments.

That would be me. So, are you doing a pacifist run this time? Omega Flowey is hard to beat but enduring a pacifist run is mind numbingly hard. The ending might be worth it though.

Yup, I often listen to San's theme (aka Megalovania) on Youtube. :D

**SPOILERS FOR UNDERTALE**

I've gotten myself through every run (some multiple times) as I was really interested in the little secrets and Easter eggs scattered across the game. I find pacifist to be fairly easy compared to genocide, some people take as much time to fight Sans as it took to do a full neutral run lol. The ending is definitely worth it though, hits you right in the feels over and over lol.

**END OF SPOILERS FOR UNDERTALE**

If you like the sound track and want some more I would highly recommend the albums "Determination" (Red, Blue, AND Purple side) and "Live at Grillby's". They're remix albums and you can view them in their entirety on youtube or even buy them if you so choose. Determination: Red Side is a metal album featuring the boss themes, Blue side is a rock/electronic album featuring mostly location themes, Purple side is a mix of both and Live at Grillby's is a Jazz album. All of them are excellent!

I've gotten myself through every run (some multiple times) as I was really interested in the little secrets and Easter eggs scattered across the game. I find pacifist to be fairly easy compared to genocide, some people take as much time to fight Sans as it took to do a full neutral run lol. The ending is definitely worth it though, hits you right in the feels over and over lol.

Ugh, Sans, that was a test in patience. LOL.

But yeah, pacifist can be easier for some but I grew up with fighting RPG's (like Final Fantasy and such) so it's hard for me to resist striking down my foes. The ending was worth it though and it's certainly a tearjerker. I wonder if it left room for a sequel though? :D

Ugh, Sans, that was a test in patience. LOL.

But yeah, pacifist can be easier for some but I grew up with fighting RPG's (like Final Fantasy and such) so it's hard for me to resist striking down my foes. The ending was worth it though and it's certainly a tearjerker. I wonder if it left room for a sequel though? :D

Yeah, Sans really became a game of memorization and muscle memory. Even months later I can still do the fight haha.

I don't know if ANY classic RPG player got a pacifist run as their first run haha. I definitely killed Toriel and a few monsters right at the beginning because I treated it like a Final Fantasy. Toby has considered making another game in the Undertale world but I don't know if he'll do it. I think there is room to do a sequel or prequel or spin-off but I don't think he should do it. Undertale is special because of how unique it is, if another one came out we'd know what to expect and it'll likely fall short because of it. With that being said, I'd love to see more games from Toby Fox, the man is a genius.

I've been playng Pokemon Moon Edition. It's awesome... I mean, I'm a fan, every game of the main saga is awesome to me. But in Mun/Sun there are so many changes that made the game so much fun, even more fun that Black 2/White 2. AND I LOVED WHITE 2! :eek:

Got stuck on the Stardew Valley train again That game is ridiculously addictive and a detriment to my productivity... but I love it.

Picked up Dishonoured in a flash sale. I don't usually like stealth games (mostly because I suck at them - I hide, get found, run, hide again, get found again, get mad, shoot everyone), but this one's got my attention. Great story, smooth controls, choices matter (multiple endings), what more could you ask for?

Got stuck on the Stardew Valley train again That game is ridiculously addictive and a detriment to my productivity... but I love it.
Somebody described this game to me before, and I actually really liked the sound of it. I might pick it up one of these days, especially if it makes the leap to console. I love PCs, but on a console I can sit in the nice chair and play on the big telly. x)

Somebody described this game to me before, and I actually really liked the sound of it. I might pick it up one of these days, especially if it makes the leap to console. I love PCs, but on a console I can sit in the nice chair and play on the big telly. x)

The developer has mentioned that they want to see the game on as many platforms that can support it so it might be possible to see it on console in the foreseeable future. I have no idea when it might happen though. I would definitely recommend the game though!

Marathon-ing the Disgaea series (on NG+ for ones that aren't in the middle of the game.) I just fixed my laptop, and forgot that I had the soundtrack for the original and D2 saved to it. I love the music so much, and it made me want to play them again.

I recently donated to charity drive through Humble Bundle and received a metric shit ton of games. It had a game called Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R which is a 2-D fighting game similar to Street Fighter (for as much as someone who's never played these kinds of games before can tell) and I'm really enjoying it. Coming from Smash Bros, it's kind of hard to grasp the flow of the game and how to actually do the inputs but it's super responsive and feels really good to string combo's together rather than button mash.

My only gripe with the game is that it's not newbie friendly at all, it doesn't explain any of the mechanics or how to perform integral actions in the game (power shielding and the move that breaks you out of your opponents combo being some). It doesn't even explain what the pictures mean in the character's command list so I had to google how to do the moves. It's also not very friendly for people who use analog sticks, it's mostly designed for the arcade style joystick but I find that my D-pad works fine.

@Niagara

It seems you've accidentally stumbled upon one of my favorite fighting game series. There's a lot of valuable information on dustloop if you're interested (Assuming you haven't already found it). I'd also recommend checking out Guilty Gear Xrd, the newest entry, it's a little bit more friendly in the way of tutorials.

@Niagara

It seems you've accidentally stumbled upon one of my favorite fighting game series. There's a lot of valuable information on dustloop if you're interested (Assuming you haven't already found it). I'd also recommend checking out Guilty Gear Xrd, the newest entry, it's a little bit more friendly in the way of tutorials.

Yeah, there was a thread on the steam discussions linking to dustloop but it was kind of information overload at the beginning haha. I'll have to check back on it once I get into the game a bit more and I can put the terminology to what actually happens in the game. I'll probably mess around with the game I have for a while before I try for another entry in the series but I can imagine I'll get rather into it.

Just started playing Bravely Default after trying out the Bravely Second demo, it's good I guess. I think I might be a Final Fantasy fanboy because I just can't get past the fact that I just wish it was a classic Final Fantasy game. The Brave and Default system is great and fits really well with the game but I'm a sucker for the ATB bar and the way battles flow with that system.

This game is making me love the job system though, I hated it in FF V but they did something in this game to make it enjoyable. All in all, it's good but I think I liked Bravely Second more from the demo, it's just more refined.

Was playing Mario Kart on the Wiiu over at a friends not too long ago, what a long way it's come since the Super Nintendo. Also tried my hand at Overwatch last night with Toaster and Nomming, was kinda hard for me but it was fun with friends.

I've been going at the Sega Genesis lately since I finally got a working controller. Pleased to say I finally beat Sonic and Knuckles after like 16 years and am working on ToeJam and Earl and Jurassic Park.

Pleased to say I finally beat Sonic and Knuckles after like 16 years and am working on ToeJam and Earl and Jurassic Park.

Ugh, Sonic and Knuckles. I spent an hour getting Knuckles all the way to the stage where he fights Mecha Sonic (empowered by the Master Emerald) and I lost all my continues. One control-throwing conniption fit later and I never played it again.

As for Jurassic Park, holy balls that game is fucking scary dude! The raptors will actually HUNT YOU DOWN! It doesn't matter where you are on the stage, they'll instantly start seeking you out the moment you start.

Ugh, Sonic and Knuckles. I spent an hour getting Knuckles all the way to the stage where he fights Mecha Sonic (empowered by the Master Emerald) and I lost all my continues. One control-throwing conniption fit later and I never played it again.

As for Jurassic Park, holy balls that game is fucking scary dude! The raptors will actually HUNT YOU DOWN! It doesn't matter where you are on the stage, they'll instantly start seeking you out the moment you start.

Aweh, that's rough. The part that got me the most was in the pyramid level as Knuckles where you had to make a really awkward glide over some spikes on the wall. The only way you can do it is if you double tap jump really quickly so you don't lose height when you glide... because that makes intuitive sense lol.

I just beat Jurassic Park (both campaigns) and I'd have to agree with you, the raptors are jerks haha. I love how they programmed them to dodge your darts sometimes to really fuck with you. Ignoring a few bullshit falls/enemy placements and that boat level, I really liked that game.

If you are into baseball I recommend MLB 16 The Show. Best baseball sim I have played.

Been away from gaming for a few weeks, but I'm back working at Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson (3DS). I love SenKag games. They have such great articles. :p And I like the readers letters page.

But in all seriousness, SK2 is a massive improvement over the "good" SK1. The controls are more fluid, the combat is tighter and more varied, the story is more cohesive, the graphics are massively improved, and, of course, the series trademark customization has been vastly improved for this iteration.

If you don't mind some seriously gratuitous fan-service in your games, and are willing to overlook the occasional feeling of repetition, this is a fun beat-em-up with plenty of content and some fun characters.

Started playing Lunar: Eternal Blue (the Sega CD version) on my desktop via ROM / Emulator. Gonna try and beat it without dying to Borgan's slimy, morbidly obese, gravity bomb wielding hands. I swear to GOD ALMIGHTY Borgan this time I'm going to WRENCH THAT STAFF from you and STUFF IT UP YOUR BUTT AND OUT YOUR THROAT!

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back