• If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Drugs, alcohol, etc. - Can you get by fine without them?

- Negative: Obviously it's still somewhat harmful to the body to be smoking anything, but there are worse things out there than this.

Edibles. :D

Personally, I smoke weed every day. It enhances just about everything that I love: music, food, art and creativity, relaxation... It makes the world a little lighter, funnier, easy-going. I enjoy the different headspace that it gives me. My mind functions and processes differently and it gives me an interesting perspective that I might not have had sober. It's also a very social drug. Most of my friends partake in the green so it because a pleasurable activity to share with people.

Do I feel like I need it? No.

Do I feel like it enhances my life? In many ways, yes.

I used to smoke weed a long time ago, but I just got tired of the paranoia that comes with it.

"Oh shit, is that a camera? Is some cop watching me on camera??"

"What if somebody chooses this exact moment to come over?"

"What if the company I work for begins doing random drug testing like the one across the street did?"

It just wasn't worth the hassle any more. I find I don't really miss it. As for alcohol, I drink about every two or three months. There's a certain point I strive for when I drink. It's a point in which I'm relaxed enough to really enjoy myself but not to the point where I'm getting loud or obnoxious.

personally, i've never seen the point in drugs/alcohol. so i've never partaken in any of it. never even tried cigarettes. call me a goody two-shoes or whatever. it's all good. to each their own i suppose. it's just not for me :)

personally, i've never seen the point in drugs/alcohol. so i've never partaken in any of it. never even tried cigarettes. call me a goody two-shoes or whatever. it's all good. to each their own i suppose. it's just not for me :)

I met this guy! :p

And, yes... Outside of that one thing... He is very, straightedge! :)

I don't think a drug should be outlawed unless it has immediate negative effects to the body. To be honest, it surprises me that alcohol and cigarettes are legal, but marijuana is not. Hell, they could make a killing off selling marijuana. All that potential tax money is slipping down the drain.

They want to tax the internet, which has no physical location... but they won't tax weed. Politicians don't make any sense to me.

I don't think a drug should be outlawed unless it has immediate negative effects to the body. To be honest, it surprises me that alcohol and cigarettes are legal, but marijuana is not. Hell, they could make a killing off selling marijuana. All that potential tax money is slipping down the drain.

They want to tax the internet, which has no physical location... but they won't tax weed. Politicians don't make any sense to me.

You are too high to understand! And, I'm to drunk(with a nicotine-high) - to explain... :p

I'm a social drinker, but that's a rarity. I've gone months without drinking and I could stop drinking altogether if I wanted to. I know my limits and I plan ahead if I plan on drinking. I have an overnight bag in my car just in case I need to crash at a friend's house.

I hate smoke so it doesn't matter if it's cigarettes or pot. Though I did try a cigarette once and I didn't like it. I have never tried pot nor do I plan to try it. All I care about when it comes to pot smokers is that you do it in the privacy of your home and you don't try to drive while stoned. I've occasionally seen guys come into the store just reeking of pot and I'm thinking, why the fuck are you driving while high? :disgust:

The songs on my iPOD are all CD's I have bought, and in case you are wondering my DVD collection is 100% lawful as well. I am apposed to pot smoking for non medicinal use. Weed is a gate way drug that can (though not always) lead to the use of harder narcotics, especially as the body develops a resistance to the effect of the marijuana. Eventually you will need it just to feel normal, and since you are using it to get high, how normally feel must really suck. If it was made legal I wouldn't protest it, because like smoking pot, I have better things to do. Legal or illegal I wouldn't let anybody smoke it in my home, or anywhere on my property (backyard, balcony, whatever the case may be), and if I found out somebody came into my home with it on there person they would have to leave. It's called DOPE for a reason you know.

ST

I've been smoking weed for nearly 5 years now, and I've never tried another drug and I drink extreeeemely rarely. Every "fact" you had you seemed to have learned in the DARE program in elementary school, and never have done any other research.

It's not addictive.
Many people have fulfilling and productive lives and smoke pot regularly. I myself am a full time college student with a 3.8 GPA and I work a full time job. I should have the right to blaze a joint on my patio after I'm done with my commitments and smoke.

And ANYWAYS, why the hell does ANYONE else care what another person puts into their body?! If that's what THEY want to do, then why do you care?

I only drink socially once in a while. I at most have maybe 2-3 drinks a month and even that is excessive for me. I absolutely HATE the taste of beer...so when I do drink it is usually a mixed drink, a shot here or there, etc. I do love vodka :) A screwdriver is my favorite drink! I have actually never even been drunk...I just have no desire for that kind of thing :) Drinking is an expensive habit too!

As for drugs...I only ever once tried one puff of my sister's cigarette when I was about 14 and it tasted like ASS, so I never had any desire to smoke again. I feel it is an expensive habit that just puts dirty things in your body. Ever since my sister got lymphoma (a type of cancer) and it partially had to DO with her smoking as a teenager...I definitely NEVER want to put any type of drugs into my body. I have actually never even seen any type of illegal drugs like pot, crack, weed, etc...I wouldn't know what I was looking at even if I saw it XD!

I'm not really an alcohol kind of person. I drink socially and rarely. I don't like the way it makes me feel a lot of the time (which is usually sick with a hurting stomach. I'm allergic to it.)

As for drugs, I've never done anything hard, I smoked cigars once or twice, and I've had weed a handful of times. But I don't have any desire to support the habit, continue it so it becomes a habit, or anything else.

So in short, I can very easily live without those vices. :) My vices end up being other things...like...video games. One for another I guess. :D

I'm an avid pot smoker- at least a few bowls a day. I think too much and get too stressed waaay too easily without it :/

That, and I just love weed.

Don't really do anything else though.

My thoughts exactly...I think I love you lol

I've been smoking weed for nearly 5 years now, and I've never tried another drug and I drink extreeeemely rarely. Every "fact" you had you seemed to have learned in the DARE program in elementary school, and never have done any other research.

It's not addictive.
Many people have fulfilling and productive lives and smoke pot regularly. I myself am a full time college student with a 3.8 GPA and I work a full time job. I should have the right to blaze a joint on my patio after I'm done with my commitments and smoke.

And ANYWAYS, why the hell does ANYONE else care what another person puts into their body?! If that's what THEY want to do, then why do you care?

Well said.

I don't understand the hangup with "illegal". It makes me laugh... weed has been practicallydecriminalized in so many places, anything short of an eighth of a gram will garner you only a ticket, if that.

Reading what Leo says, it sounds like his problem isn't so much it's "harmful" effects, but the fact that it's illegal.

Leo, it's illegal because a man named Henry J. Anslinger fell into the pockets of lobbyists for various industries and orchestrated a witch hunt against cannabis due to the literally thousands of uses for hemp. A lot of people made (and continue to make) a lot of money because hemp is illegal!

It's such a shame that the myriad therapeutic qualities cannabis has to offer (coupled with the literally thousands of varied/beneficial uses for hemp) is squandered by draconian prohibitions while alcohol (scientifically proven to be far more harmful physiologically) is not only legal, but pushed down people's throats. Cannabis slows the growth of tumors in lab rats (FACT). Tetrahydrocannibal is non- toxic (you CANNOT overdose or die from it) and non-addicting. It stimulates the appetite, retards glaucoma and aids in both concentration and sleep.

Alcohol is a poison that your body rejects; heavy consumption over a long time period is akin to a slow death. Israeli scientists actually discovered the DAT (Dopamine Active Transporter) system in our brains through the study of cannabis' effects; they portend that we actually have these dopamine receptors due to the drug being ubiquitously inhaled throughout the world for millennia.

This is all legitimate science; I urge anybody who doubts it to do a bit of research.

Anytime someone goes apeshit over pot I like to ask them how much they drink.

I don't understand the hangup with "illegal". It makes me laugh... weed has been practicallydecriminalized in so many places, anything short of an eighth of a gram will garner you only a ticket, if that.

Reading what Leo says, it sounds like his problem isn't so much it's "harmful" effects, but the fact that it's illegal.

Leo, it's illegal because a man named Henry J. Anslinger fell into the pockets of lobbyists for various industries and orchestrated a witch hunt against cannabis due to the literally thousands of uses for hemp. A lot of people made (and continue to make) a lot of money because hemp is illegal!

It's such a shame that the myriad therapeutic qualities cannabis has to offer (coupled with the literally thousands of varied/beneficial uses for hemp) is squandered by draconian prohibitions while alcohol (scientifically proven to be far more harmful physiologically) is not only legal, but pushed down people's throats. Cannabis slows the growth of tumors in lab rats (FACT). Tetrahydrocannibal is non- toxic (you CANNOT overdose or die from it) and non-addicting. It stimulates the appetite, retards glaucoma and aids in both concentration and sleep.

Alcohol is a poison that your body rejects; heavy consumption over a long time period is akin to a slow death. Israeli scientists actually discovered the DAT (Dopamine Active Transporter) system in our brains through the study of cannabis' effects; they portend that we actually have these dopamine receptors due to the drug being ubiquitously inhaled throughout the world for millennia.

This is all legitimate science; I urge anybody who doubts it to do a bit of research.

Anytime someone goes apeshit over pot I like to ask them how much they drink.

Well that just about wraps things up here. Also I love that picture with the toys smoking the joint. I lol'd.

I have never done drugs, with the exception of prescription and I guess caffeine. I rarely drink alcohol. I get along just fine without both. I am very happy and very confident. I have an interesting life and don't believe I need either and so far I've been right.

I have never done drugs, with the exception of prescription and I guess caffeine. I rarely drink alcohol. I get along just fine without both. I am very happy and very confident. I have an interesting life and don't believe I need either and so far I've been right.

See, that's the thing, if you have an interesting and somewhat exciting life, there's no major need for anything. Caffeine, yes, 'cause you're still gonna get tired, and it's a mood lifter in bad times, but if you're happy, there's definitely no need. I actually envy people in your position. :p

Glad to hear you're doing well for yourself.

And murder is illegal because somebody deemed it morally wrong, destructive, and then outlawed it, right? It's all about perception from the party criticizing. No I don't think pot smoking is comparable to murder at all, but my point is that there are laws in place for everything, and it's up to each individual to determine if they agree with that law, break it, or whatever.

I do believe that weed in itself has plenty of therapeutic qualities. However, smoking it in a dark alley or in a giant mansion with your friends is not one of those qualities. It's like if I go pop some steroids for fun, or perhaps I have some Percocet left over from a previous injury. Is the medicine therapeutic? Yup. If I sit there and consume it because I like feeling dizzy afterwards... every day... not so much.

And murder is illegal because somebody deemed it morally wrong, destructive, and then outlawed it, right? It's all about perception from the party criticizing. No I don't think pot smoking is comparable to murder at all, but my point is that there are laws in place for everything, and it's up to each individual to determine if they agree with that law, break it, or whatever.

I do believe that weed in itself has plenty of therapeutic qualities. However, smoking it in a dark alley or in a giant mansion with your friends is not one of those qualities. It's like if I go pop some steroids for fun, or perhaps I have some Percocet left over from a previous injury. Is the medicine therapeutic? Yup. If I sit there and consume it because I like feeling dizzy afterwards... every day... not so much.

Your argument is moot, because None of those comparisons work. Murder is obvious, steroids ravage your body, percocet is a potentially addictive narcotic, and weed is practically harmless. You really can't make a case for weed being in the same class as any of those, because it simply is not.

Your argument is moot, because None of those comparisons work. Murder is obvious, steroids ravage your body, percocet is a potentially addictive narcotic, and weed is practically harmless. You really can't make a case for weed being in the same class as any of those, because it simply is not.

Weed =mental addiction. Look at how many replies in this thread say they use it to help them calm down or relax. So, the mental addiction is there. Weed is an easy out, an addictive easy out, only so because it's easy.

Weed =mental addiction. Look at how many replies in this thread say they use it to help them calm down or relax. So, the mental addiction is there. Weed is an easy out, an addictive easy out, only so because it's easy.

I feel like you're kind of stretching there. People say they use it to calm down or relax because it's one of the most prominent effects of THC. I don't think you can take that single statement and turn it the answer to whether or not a person is addicted. Just as many people have described quitting, either permenantly, temporarily, or regularly, with no ill effect. People can become mentally dependent on just about anything, while chemical dependence only occurs in a few things, with THC not numbering among them.

What's New

6/16/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday eve at 11PM EDT,. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** Jojo45 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back