• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Border issues....

leafstk

Level of Quintuple Ruby Feather
... and no, I don't mean Rob :jester:

Yesterday I had a very shitty experience at the Canada/USA border... Peace Bridge. When I was 18, I was a bit of a shit head. Surprised? :wow: Anyway, I got into some trouble with a group of people I thought were my friends at the time. It wasn't anything major, but major enough that I got charged and I paid my debt by doing probabation/community service... which I used to get me into college.

That experience propelled me into my career, so I could help troubled youth turn their own lives around. I got my pardon when I was eligible and as far as I knew, I haven't had a record since it was issued.

Not so with US border officials. They say a Canadian pardon is worthless to them and they don't care if I'm 36 now or 75, they still wouldn't let me in. Funny thing is, I've been over many times before and never had an issue since I received my pardon. I was 25 when I got it. But the fact of the matter is, this asshole refused my entry and destroyed much anticipated plans for the weekend... its been very upsetting :( Now I'm supposed to apply for some kind of "waiver", which costs 600 bucks US :disgust: Furthermore, if I try again without one, I could be thrown in "prison" for attempting :confused:

Has anyone here ever experienced this or know someone who has? What did they do about it? I'm really really upset and frustrated. I'll get the stupid waiver, but I feel like I'm being treated like a criminal or a terrorist for something stupid I did as a child... I don't get it :sigh:

I should mention that I have a passport and an Enhanced Drivers License, which obviously my government had no problem issuing to me. The officers on the Canadian side just scoffed and rolled their eyes when I told them what happened... unbelievable :(

We Yanks have the same issues when going up there.:( Something could happen ten years or more in our past.It would not matter here.But when trying to cross the border into Canada? The same shit that happened to you.

Sail down to Mexico. Crossing into the U.S. from that border is much easier, apparently.

dude that is so rong some people can be real butt heads i hope u can get this crap straightened out and get to where u wanna go

If the information about paying 600 dollars came from them RIGHT at the border, I might call to find out more information instead. If, indeed, you've been able to cross many times since you've had those issues, either the rules have changed recently or you ran into some shitheads. So if "shitheads" is the case, and the 600 dollar fine is untrue (or they blew it out of proportion), perhaps there is something you do need to do, but hopefully it's not nearly so expensive. I'd say call the information number here:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/

Good luck!

If the information about paying 600 dollars came from them RIGHT at the border, I might call to find out more information instead. If, indeed, you've been able to cross many times since you've had those issues, either the rules have changed recently or you ran into some shitheads. So if "shitheads" is the case, and the 600 dollar fine is untrue (or they blew it out of proportion), perhaps there is something you do need to do, but hopefully it's not nearly so expensive. I'd say call the information number here:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/

Good luck!

Thanks Lily :) Undoubtedly they were shitheads, but I'm afraid the "waiver" cost is true... I was given a document to access the forms I need to complete :/. Its not a fine, its the cost of clearance for someone who's been turned away for something they deem to be "inadmissable". I have been over several times over the years... most often to attend hockey games in Buffalo. So yeah, to say this was a shock is an understatement :flatstare:

Thanks for your input and well wishes, guys :)

... and no, I don't mean Rob :jester:

Ha Ha Mr. FunnyMan.

I guess I have to teach you the art of border crossing. Ill send the pamphlet first, then after you finish that the 9 part DVD series followed by our 4 week physical training course.

Ill have you crossing borders without issue by spring.

Rob

PS. Sorry it ruined your plans bro. That would really tee me off to no end.

Leafy, I'd inquire with a lawyer first before you do any sort of payment. The fact that you've be'en over the border several times in between your pardon and now doesn't explain why they wouldn't allow you this time. Did they tell you the reason they were refusing you, exactly? Did you get the names of the officer(s) in question? I would at least check with a lawyer first and see what alternatives can be attained.

MrMacphisto that was *GR Violation* and I take it offensive the border patrol are assign to shoot and and kill if any trespassers who try to cross the borders of mexico regardless if they have children with them they actually patrol the mexican border more than the canadian borders

Last edited by a moderator:
MrMacphisto that was *GR VIOLATION* response and I take it offensive the border patrol are assign to shoot and and kill if any trespassers who try to cross the borders of mexico regardless if they have children with them they actually patrol the mexican border more than the canadian borders

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

hmmm......perhaps there is a terrorist alert for drunken Canadians crossing the border.:eek::canada:

hmmm......perhaps there is a terrorist alert for drunken Canadians crossing the border.:eek::canada:

Nope. That's for crossing back into Canada with all my yummy duty free goodness :p

MrMacphisto that was *GR Violation* response and I take it offensive the border patrol are assign to shoot and and kill if any trespassers who try to cross the borders of mexico regardless if they have children with them they actually patrol the mexican border more than the canadian borders

Um... no. Actually, our border guards get shot at more than we shoot at crossers. One of the few occasions where they killed someone resulted in two guards going to jail for killing a drug dealer.

If anything, we're not strict enough in protecting our Southern border, but I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

And as Tropic said, it was just a joke anyway.

Home » World News PrintLeafletFeedbackShare »
FacebookTwitterDiggRedditDeliciousBloggerE-Mail.Mexican immigrant beaten to death by US Border Patrol
By Bill Van Auken
4 June 2010
Anastasio Hernández Rojas, a Mexican immigrant construction worker and father of five, died in a San Diego hospital Monday after a brutal beating and tasering by US Border Patrol agents at the San Ysidro crossing to Tijuana left him brain dead.

The San Diego Medical Examiner’s Office Wednesday ruled the death a homicide, with the beating having resulted in a loss of oxygen to the brain and a heart attack.

The 42-year-old worker had lived in the Encanto, California, area since he was 14, his entire adult life. His children, ages four through 20 were all born in the US and are American citizens. He supported his family through work installing swimming pools.

Hernández had been detained and deported to Mexico on May 25 after reportedly being picked up by the San Diego police. He was again detained by the Border Patrol while attempting to cross back into the US to reunite with his family on Friday, May 28.

Anger spread in Mexico on Thursday over the shooting death of a 15-year-old boy by a U.S. border agent, even as Attorney General Eric Holder expressed "regret" over the death.

Mexican President Felipe Calderón said his government was "profoundly angered" by the killing of Sergio Adrian Hernández Huereka. Calderón said he feared anti-immigrant sentiment in the United States is encouraging violence against Mexicans.

Holder said the FBI was reviewing the incident, three days after Hernandez was shot during a confrontation with U.S. Border Patrol officials near a bridge connecting Juarez, Mexico, with El Paso.

Part of that inquiry, the attorney general said, will include a review of a recently surfaced cellphone video from an unidentified witness. The 10-minute video ignited a new storm of indignation in Mexico after Univision, a U.S. television network, posted it on its website. The video shows the officer restraining one of the border-crossers and apparently firing into Mexico at least three times.

The shooting of Hernandez followed the May 28 death of Anastasio Hernández Rojas, a 42-year-old Mexican national who died after U.S. border agents used a stun gun against him as he reportedly resisted deportation near San Diego.

Such incidents are on the rise, the Mexican government says. Five Mexicans were hurt or killed by U.S. immigration agents in 2008, 12 in 2009 and 17 so far this year, according to data maintained by the Mexican Foreign Ministry.

The latest killing dominated talk shows and newspaper columns across Mexico, with many Mexicans drawing links between the United States' economic troubles and the use of force against border crossers.

"They're within their rights to keep out illegal immigrants, but they're acting in a very aggressive way against Mexicans and even their own Hispanics," Alejandro López, 27, said as he sat in Mexico City park. "This was just a kid. The (U.S.) is going to do whatever they can to excuse it, but in the end, he was just a kid and he didn't deserve to die

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...en-fuels-us-mexico-tension.html#ixzz1AbqWJrEX

Dude. What can I say. They tighten the noose on the Canadian border and let anyone through from Mexico. I just do not get it. When I was a kid growing up in Michigan, You could go across the border without a problem. The only thing they asked was if you had firearms. Crazy shit my brother.

Shane, if I really wanted to, I could pull out every story of a cartel shooting at our patrols. Because I'd like to spare everyone another political thread, I'm not. Let it go.

Yes... please spare us the political BS, please and thank you.

Leafy, I'd inquire with a lawyer first before you do any sort of payment. The fact that you've be'en over the border several times in between your pardon and now doesn't explain why they wouldn't allow you this time. Did they tell you the reason they were refusing you, exactly? Did you get the names of the officer(s) in question? I would at least check with a lawyer first and see what alternatives can be attained.

My question is why now i wonder??!!.

Good question. All I know is that they cited a time in 1995 when I WAS refused entry, which was BEFORE I received my pardon. And as I said, I've been over many times since.

So why now? Fuckers :Grrr:

AFTER 9/11 THINGS CHANGED.

I have crossed the Canadian border several times and when I first crossed I did not even have a photo ID drivers license. Now I will have to obtain a passport.

MrMacphisto go ahead and try to pull any facts about "cartels" why don't you try to make it another thread and we can debate it there cartels can come from any direction there are drugs being imported From hawaii, China,some parts of Europe, yes even Canada what might be a joke to you others might take it offensive .

U.S. and Canadian investigators have smashed a major organized crime group that pumped high-potency British Columbia-grown marijuana into the United States.

The investigators seized hundreds of thousands of dollars in proceeds on both sides of the border.

U.S. Customs special agent Rodney Tureaud and Royal Canadian Mounted Police spokesman Cpl. Garry Begg said four people were arrested in British Columbia, and nine others in the United States.

Sixteen banking institutions were searched and property, including an Aerospatiale Astar 350 helicopter, a home in Surrey, B.C, and two Mercedes Benz automobiles, were also seized.

Also seized under Canadian proceeds of crime laws were $350,000 in U.S. currency, $110,000 in Canadian currency, 3 kilograms of cocaine worth $120,000, 20 pounds of packaged marijuana worth $75,000, two loaded handguns, several shotguns and rifles and two crossbows

The joint U.S.-Canadian probe focused on the air shipment of premium "B.C.-bud" with the use of the Astar 350 chopper, which made drug runs dropping off marijuana near Mount Baker, a few miles inside Washington State.

"This group was responsible for numerous airdrops of marijuana into western Washington State and the smuggling of firearms, cocaine and currency into Canada," said Customs agent Tureaud at a joint press conference held in Langley, B.C., which is in a border district south of Vancouver.

"To date, investigation in the United States has resulted in the arrest of nine individuals and the seizure of approximately 270 pounds of marijuana, $78,000 in U.S. currency and a helicopter valued at $410, 000 (U.S.)," he said.

Canadian border guard charged in drug bust
SURREY - Shortly after midnight Thursday, waiting police officers watched their target, a Canada border guard, wave two identical GMC suburbans past his post at the Pacific Highway Crossing.
SURREY - Shortly after midnight Thursday, waiting police officers watched their target, a Canada border guard, wave two identical GMC suburbans past his post at the Pacific Highway Crossing.

Moments later, the police swooped down on the two drivers -- and found a shipment of 208 kilograms of cocaine, worth $6 million wholesale, plus three handguns and ammunition in one of the vehicles.

The takedown was the culmination of a 13-month investigation by RCMP E Division officers and the Canada Border Services Agency. The probe was sparked by a tip that a border guard had allegedly been allowing vehicles carrying contraband to cross unexamined.

Baljinder Kandola, a 35-year-old Surrey resident and a border guard for six years, faces six criminal charges: importing cocaine into Canada, conspiracy to import cocaine, possession for the purpose of trafficking, importing a restricted firearm, breach of trust and bribery.

Shminder Johal, 34, and Herman Riar, 26, both of Richmond -- face four criminal charges: importing cocaine, possession for the purpose of trafficking, conspiracy to import cocaine and importing a restricted firearm.

Shane, you were asked by more than one member, including the OP, to not get into it, so don't. If you want to discuss the border issues between the US and Mexico, I reccomend going to the P&R forum, because your arguement in here has nothing to do with the OPs issue at hand.

Last edited:
What's New

5/15/2024
The TMF Links forum keeps you updated on tickling sites all around the web.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back